I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. A beautiful sunny Sunday here at Kainga. Over the last few days I have completed a bolster cushion.
I have had the pattern for sometime now and the other day I received a bundle of DMC threads and decided to use one of them in this project. The stitchery design was stitched in colour number 3722. The main part of the cushion was supposed to be backed with some lightweight pellon. I didn't have a piece big enough and it was a rainy day and I didn't want to venture outside to the shops so I had a look in my sewing room for something else that I could use. I found some heavyweight interfacing which I think actually works better because it holds the cushion/bolster shape so much better.
Of course I had to add some ric-rac to the project as well. I also used the ric-rac to tie the ends of the bolster. I put in a size bigger cushion than required because this is what I found in my linen cupboard. The pattern is by Sally Giblin. With all her patterns there is always a extra stitchery design as a bonus which is fantastic.