Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

" Sewing Elephants on Friday Afternoon plus some extras."

Hello,

Special thanks to Wendy the host for Friday Night Sew In. This time I sewed in the afternoon.


 I worked on these panels which are part of a project that I'm working on. Found the free machine applique embroidery designs on the net. There are a few different sizes which is ideal for what I have in mind. It's great to use up those scraps of fabrics. In fact the main part of the project is a heap of scraps that I had in the Flour bags that I was using up late last year. I have two more Elephant panels to make.


 First thing Friday morning I made some more Ricotta cheese. I had plenty of whey so used some of this to make two loaves of bread.

 I now keep all the recipes and cleaning hints I have  in a folder in the kitchen. I used the fabric that I won from Anthea late last year to make a folder cover. The leftover square was turned into a hot pad.


 This year is certainly all about using up what I have on hand. I found these cute machine embroidery Valentine Owls and thought they would be perfect for a t shirt, one on each sleeve. Lisa I used some of the fabric you sent across with David last year.


The shirt was a success so I made another in this floral print. I made pattern "G" which is the middle one in the bottom row. There is supposed to be some lace or something similar around the neckline. I gave this a miss.

I hope everyone else who joined in Friday Night Sew In had a productive night.

Enjoy the weekend.

Happy days.
Bev C

24 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a great post Bev...those elephants are gorgeous!

Terri said...

Looks like you've been quite productive lately. Lots of fun projects to see, including homemade bread. Cool way to use flour bags for those elephant panels. Happy weekend.

Cath Ü said...

That bread looks delicious.....
Cath Ü

Fiona said...

lots going on there... love your ele's.... great colours.... and cute owls too....
Hugz

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Loving those elephants. Idoadmire your embroidery skills.

Bread looks yummy, I haven't had any bread for 8 weeks. Moments like this when I see your lovely bread I nearly cave in. I swear I can smell it!

Cheers

Linda

Jeanette said...

The elephants are so cute. The bread looks yummy. Aside from completing ufo's my intention this year is to use up fabrics in my stash also. Hugs, xx.

Julia said...

You have been busy Bev.
Elephants look so cute and gorgeous, and I love fresh made bread...yum!
I too am doing my best to use what I have..
Julia ♥

marina said...

great to be getting through the ufo's.
The elephants look great. Love the embellishment.
A very productive night!

Anonymous said...

wow Bev you were so productive,love those elephants and how good does the bread look,well done on all the beautiful work you have done.xx

Sally said...

Adoring your elephants muchly. Loving the folder cover too. Such a great idea.

Baking bread in this heat? Looks delicious... but are you crazy?

Sally said...

Adoring your elephants muchly. Loving the folder cover too. Such a great idea.

Baking bread in this heat? Looks delicious... but are you crazy?

Bobbie Lynn said...

Oh my goodness, your Friday night was busy and those elephants are adorable. The fabric is perfect too. Bread, one of my favorite things to eat. All your projects are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

My Friday night was not sewing but cards making with a friend. A very productive night. I will be posting them some time soon.
Have a lovely weekend Bev.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello BEV. Has your Autumn arrived yet. The bread looks soo very yummie. Great projects. Love the Elephants. Hugs Judy

Christine M said...

Your little elephants are so cute, Bev. That bread looks yummy too. Do we get to see you modelling the shirt?

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love the little elephants Bev and I could almost smell that beautiful bread from over here. Lots of great projects going on at your place.

Wendy said...

You have lots on the go, the elephants are lovey and your bread looks so yummy! The top looks like it will be nice, I look forward to seeing it finished :) Wendy

Kim said...

The elephants are cute.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Wow! You've been very busy. It's all terrific and I can smell that bread from here.

CheeKeeLee said...

Love the elephants Bev! Many thanks for leaving comments on my blog (I'm not sure if I adjusted my settings properly to enable to replies). Have a great day!

Julie said...

Hi Bev - those elephants are just sooo gorgeous & I think I can smell that delicious bread right through my computer screen :-) You sure are busy creating up a storm both sewing & baking. Have a great week, x0x

Anthea said...

Hi Bev - the ele's are very cute, can't wait to see how they finish up... those loaves look so yummy, I bet they were gobbled up happily!

Lin said...

Lots of lovely things Bev - great elephants and that bread looks really tasty. xx

Karen said...

So much happening! Love those elephants. And i can almost smell the bread. great idea with the recipe folder. The owls on the shirt are sweet.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hello again Bev...I see that you have made sone bread in enamel. I have heard it makes great pies. Do you think the bread in the enamel cooks the same as in the other pan? I bought some enamel in Nundle and must try it with a pie!