Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"Quaker Cross Stitch Pouch, Aster Doily and some stunning blooms."

Hello,

Hasn't this month just flown by. I finally decided what I wanted to do with the Quaker Cross Stitch. I turned it into a stitching Pouch.


 I added lots of buttons around the stitching and some lovely cotton lace.

The other side of the pouch...


 I tea dyed a doily added some buttons which matched the doily. It is all finished off with ribbon that was dyed with Parisian Essence threaded through the doily.


 I was given some Crochet Monthly books last week to look through for patterns. Decided to make this one called "Aster" in DMC Cebelia in size 20 using a 1.25 hook. The roses in the vase are "Charles Rennie Macintosh."

Pierre de Ronsard Standard Rose
 This is the rose I see when I look out the back door at the moment. I love pink roses.


Surprise, surprise the Hippieastrum has decided to bloom this year. It has been asleep for the past two years at least. Lots of lovely blooms on it. These come in a great range of colours.

Yesterday I soaked some evenweave in a bath of tea leaves. The design called for a more grungy look rather than the cream evenweave. It is a design that only uses black thread but I may add a bit of silver.

What have you been up to, starting another project like me. I would love to hear.

Happy days.
Bev C

17 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Bev...your roses are gorgeous as is your pink doily! This year is going soooooo quickly I can't believe tit! Have been busy here and finding it hard to keep up with all the blogs! Now I'll go and read your other posts! Hope you ar having a nice day!

Lynda said...

Love your pink doiley Bev and those roses. I have Pierre de Rosnard climbing roses in my front yard. They are always blooming.

Julie said...

Your pouch is beautiful Bev ... even on the back, just stunning. As is your crochet doiley, such fine intricate work. Your roses are looking so gorgeous, mine are budding, only a few in bloom. Was hoping they would be out for this Sunday, perhaps this rain will bring them on.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitch pouch and your roses are beautiful. Our standard rose is full of flowers which is a little unusual for October in the UK

marina said...

lovely projects and your roses are amazing.
love your little doily..

Lin said...

What a gorgeous rose! I love your little sewing pouch - so pretty and so is the doily, I havn't made a crochet doily in many a year! xx

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous sewing pouch. Love the pink doily & your roses. Lovely hippie too. Hugs, xx

Maria said...

Love your projects...sweet little pouch and a gorgeous doily...such a soft pink :-). Those photos of your flowering plants are lovely...that hippeastrum is a stunner! My projects? It's getting a bit hot here to work on that knitted throw so I'm doing some secret Christmad 'stuff' for some swaps and also for 2 Secret Santa gifts.

Kim said...

Your pouch is lovely and I love the doily on the back. Some gorgeous crocheting there with your pink doily! Love your pretty pink roses....isn't this time of the year gorgeous with the abundant blooms everywhere.

Fiona said...

your stitching pouch and doily are so beautiful.. so is that lovely pink rose...
Hugz

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Bev,
Oh my that is a beautiful rose tree. It has a lot of lovely blooms on it too.
Fun project you did . Bags are always fun to make. I like the way you added a doily to the back. Great cross stitching.
Have a wonderful day!

Melody said...

Beautiful projects and your roses are divine

Christine M said...

Your sewing pouch is lovely, Bev. Those roses are absolutely beautiful. xxx

Pauline said...

Busy as always, huh, Bev? Me, I'd be happy to sit and look at your roses. Not up to anything more strenuous these days, although I have done a bit of sewing for Christmas gifts.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on the cross stitch and great use of the doiley.
I always love pics of your garden.

Mrs Knitaddict said...

Hi Bev, thanks for your kind words in my time of sorrow.
I'd been missing your Blog, so many inspiring things always!
Your roses are incredibly BEAUTIFUL!, and those soaps just perfect for Christmas gifs.
That lovely Stitching Pouch is so lovely and irresistible-the one think I'd like to copy somehow.
Lots of love,
Dolly

Wendy said...

Hi Bev, your projects are beautiful, I love your crochet doily. And your roses are so gorgeous, it looks beautiful as a standard. I love pink roses too.