Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Friday, November 21, 2014

"She believed she could, so she did."

Hello,

I have been busy sewing while the main computer was in for  its annual check up. We now have a start button that works! No more pushing the re-start button on the hard drive.

I love the designs put out by Urban Threads. They have regular freebies of both machine embroidery and hand sewing designs. Here are some I stitched out on some lovely white cotton tea towels.


 I think this design  would be great on a t-shirt or stretched on one of those artist boards.


 This design just reminds me of Summer.


 Now I know this is a Easter based design but the tea cups won me over.


 This is the latest design from Urban Threads, a rather cute Christmas design.
I have stitched out the largest design of each one, their are usually three sizes to choose from.


 These serviettes have been waiting for rather a long time to be finished. I originally stitched out the names on my old sewing machine, you can see where I unpicked it. I added the names in bigger lettering and stitched out the Holly design from one of Mary Engelbreit's Holidays designs.


I have had this coaster/paperweight in my stash for many years. I have taken it out to look at it and try to decide what to do with it. Well the other day I stitched out a design from the Brother Roses card and had it stitched in ten minutes. A row of hand stitching to help tuck it in behind the backing and it was finished.


 This design for the Apple Mug Mat came from the San Franciso Stitch Company. It was done in four hooping's. A bit of cutting of some of the designs then stitched together. I used some apple fabric for the binding. It was interesting to read some of the same apples are available here in WA.


Tonight I will be joining in Friday Night Sew In  with others from around the globe. I will be working on some filet crochet. I will post an update on the crochet later on when more of it has been completed. Thanks Wendy for hosting Friday Night Sew In.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Happy days.
Bev C

16 comments:

Christine M said...

Lovely designs. I'll have to pop over and have a look. I love that first one. See you tonight, Bev xx

Lynda said...

I need to fire up my machine and start my Christmas goodies. I love Urban Threads - so many great designs.

marina said...

love the 'she thought' machine stitched!
It wasn't the same hand stitched.
lots of other loveliness too.
enjoy your friday night stitching!

Anonymous said...

wow certainly lots going on Bev at your place see you tonight my friend.xx

Lounging with a Latte said...

Very nice embroidery, I really like the first one. Love your Pierre de ronsard rose, it's my favourite.

Maria said...

Lovely stitching designs, Bev. I hadn't heard of Urban Stitches but after reading this posts, I've joined up and have downloaded the Christmas design! Lovely! So many thanks :-)

Maria said...

Lots of lovely designs.. Hope you are enjoying your FNSI.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lots of lovely stitching there! Hoe you got all you wanted to do today!

Terri said...

Love your stitching projects! Urban Threads has the coolest designs, don't they. I would love to have them carry some of my artwork ;) What type of machine do you use for your stitching projects? I am shopping for one these days.

Lin said...

Have a good evening Bev. I love the teacup one. xx

Julie said...

Hi Bev, I love all those Urban Threads designs, especially the first one. Really lovely ... hope your Friday Night sewing went well :-)

Melody said...

Absolutely gorgeous work, thank you so much for sharing the source. I will pop over and take a look now.

Fiona said...

those embroideries are lovely .... such great fun... that tiny pretty crochet amazes me though..
Hugz

Karen S said...

Wonderful embroidery designs. You have been really busy. They look lovely.

Mrs Knitaddict said...

I'd been missing my visit to your beautiful Blog Bev... so many lovely things to inspire me. These Christmas beauties your embroidered are so pretty!
Lots of love,
Dolly

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Love how pretty and vibrant it all looks! Cant wait to see your finished project from the global sew in!