Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

"Especially for Miss March."

Hello,

A little Winter blogging break has come to a end. I had a few things to attend to and it was wonderful to be internet free for a while. I did finish a cross stitch wall hanging  for my great Niece.


 This design is part of a cross stitch along on the internet. I changed the middle section and put a rabbit (hare) in the centre instead, which was another months design.


 I made it up in 14 count Aida and several brands of threads. My great Niece is aptly named March.


Earlier on in the year I made up several oven mitts and gave one each to my two eldest daughters from that batch. Of course they said Mum you know we need one for each hand so another two were made up.

Friday Night with Friends is on tomorrow, hoping to find a project to work on.

Happy days.
Bev C

12 comments:

Helen said...

Love your March cross stitch !

Fiona said...

Missed you... hope you had a good break and did you get lots done being internet free????? the cross stitch is just delightful and I love your mitts... what do you use to fill them?

Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love Miss March! Your mits are great too xx

Deb said...

I always love your x-stitches! This one is a nice x-stitch. I've never known anyone named March. I agree with your daughters...I'd need two mitts, too. Love them!

Jeanette said...

Love the cross stitch. So cute. Yes definitely 2 oven mitts needed. 😊. They look fabulous. Hugs, xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Very cute March block! I agree with your girls, 2 oven meets are needed! They are very bright and cheerful! xx

Karen S said...

Lovely finish on the cross stitch. These have been great patterns.
I agree - definitely need two oven gloves.

Manuela said...

Lovely little finish for your niece.
Have a nice weekend.

Maria said...

Lovely cross stitch hanging and the oven mitts look great.

Lin said...

Hello Bev - beautiful piece of cross stitch and those gloves look fun. xx

Tarnyia said...

Great to see you back... Lovely cross stitch, love the mitts xxx

kiwikid said...

Your cross stitch is beautiful!!! Those mitts are the best too!!