Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cakes, stitchery and a cross stitch completed.

Hello,

I hope everyone is surviving the heat. We have spent some time watching the cricket. Lucy knows everything about all the cricket players now. Yesterday we made some Patty Cakes. Lucy got a Cupcake set for Christmas from Bonnie and Ryan. There was the pink moulds, tins, cooling rack and the lovely cupcake holder that swivels around. The recipe I used is one that I have made up for many years now.

Patty Cakes Recipe.
2 cups of Self-raising flour
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
3/4 cup of sugar
125 gr of butter
essence to taste

Mix butter and sugar, add the eggs milk and flour and then the essence. Put into containers and bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
Let cool then ice.
Enjoy.



Over the Christmas break I did this little stitchery from Wildcraft Farm. I used a tea-bag to dye the centre panel and made it into a little cushion for the lounge.


Last year sometime I bought this cross-stitch and started doing the heart border and completed that section. In September we went on holidays and the plan was to do some but unfortunately the lighting in the holiday home was hopeless so no more was done to it. Since the beginning of this month I have been working on the middle section of it and completed it last night.

The cross stitch is a design called Country Schoolhouses by Sally Giblin from the Rivendale Collection. The finished size is 22.4cm by 16.5cm. There were only 5 colours used in this. They were Green Gold Burgundy Teal and Cream. I thoroughly enjoyed doing this although I have found I need to use my magnifying glass to see as well at night time. I think I will have to make an appointment at the optometrist. Now I will have to see what else needs finishing off before starting something new.
Happy days.
Bev C



2 comments:

Janellybelly said...

The stitchery cushion looks beautiful :) Thanks for the heads up about the one in Homespun too, I'm sure Kylie and I will have fun making that one.
Janelle xx

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank you for the recipe! I LOVE cupcakes. My daughter gave me a book full of recipes for Christmas! I'll add this one to it.
The pillow is wonderful! The text is so warming, so special!