Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, April 26, 2010

"Makes Me Happy Monday" number 17 part A

Hello,

Happy Monday to you all. This weeks subject was an easy one to choose- Visiting Kalamunda. Kalamunda is a suburb in the Perth Hills. We have to travel about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there. I just love it. Lots of trees, space and wonderful buildings etc. Yesterday Ian and I set of to Kalamunda, first visiting the Kalamunda Farmers Markets. I purchased a corm of garlic to break up and plant out in the veggie garden. Then we went onto "Siera Verde" a beautiful home and garden in Kalamunda Road. I love driving along Kalamunda road looking at the beautiful gardens. The nuns even have there convent on this road. There home is stunning and I would love to visit them one day. "Sierra Verde" was open as part of the Open Garden Scheme.
This garden is lucky enough to have a spring fed stream running through it all year round. Gardeners heaven I say. We saw this tree that I haven't seen before, it had a lovely soft foliage like a fern.


Isn't this plant in a pot amazing. All the roots are all tangled together.

This is part of the pond area at the bottom of the garden. Koi swim happily around here.
The different levels of the trees provide a wonderful canopy above.


We fell in love with the tree ferns here. The drop in temperature was a marked difference.
There were plenty of visitors to the garden but as the garden was spread out you didn't notice the amount of people. As my blog only allows five photo's I will be back later on in the day with part b of my posting. I will let you know where else we went to. Right now we have to get ready to travel back to the city for morning tea. Ainsley is down at her new home,just for the weekend and she has baked a cake for us. Catch you all later. Enjoy your day. If you live in Australia have a fantastic Anzac Day Monday Holiday.
Happy Monday.
Bev C



8 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Beautiful garden A lovely place for a peaceful day out
Loking forward to the rest of the photos

Anita said...

Hi Bev, lovely photo's, just makes you green with envy. lol. Take your sewing with you? Kind regards, Anita.

Chookyblue...... said...

always love visiting gardens.........

Pauline said...

Don't rub it in about the holiday, Missy!

I'll look forward to the rest of the photos. What a beautiful, serene looking garden!

Teresa said...

Beautiful photos Bev.. wish I was there! Happy Monday to you :)

Maria said...

What a beautiful place to visit.Should go there when I am in Perth.

Have a very HAPPY MONDAY

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely place to be!

Terriaw said...

What a lovely place to spend a day. Everything looks so magical and fantastic. I love those fern trees too.