Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Church House Farm" Cross Stitch and finishing other people's UFO's."

Hello,

I have been working on this beautiful cross stitch design the last two weeks. I love the simplicity of the design and the muted colours that are being used to stitch out the design.


 I have some flowers to add to the top row of stitching, then two more rows of Alphabets. After that there is the border and some back stitching. I am pretty sure that this is Brenda Keyes design which I found in a book that I ordered through our local library.

At sewing last month, one of the ladies brought in several of her machine embroidery blocks and projects that she no longer had a interest in owning.


 One of the other ladies volunteered to finish of this lady. Well she turned up at my  place the next day asking
 if I would finish it. All that needed doing was putting in the pink fabric that is behind the stitching and sewing around the block to finish it off.


So I can add a UFO that belongs to someone else to my list of completed items for this month.

 This runner was done in a different way than usual. The longer sides of the white fabric were sewing to the green outside fabric then the rest was folded  and sewn to form the shapes on the end then I sewed around the green fabric 1/4 inch from the edge. There is no wadding or pellon inside.

Happy days.
Bev C

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev oh she is so lovely,what a gorgeous finish you have.xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Church Farm House looks lovely, and you've done a great job on the UFO, she's gorgeous :-)

Maria said...

Nice church and the UFO finish looks great

Fiona said...

love love your cross stitch... the colours do look lovely together....
I had to laugh that someone volunteered to finish something and then brought it to you to do ... did I understand right? Anyway it looks fabulous...
Hugz

Lin said...

Your Church House sampler is very pretty, like you say lovely colours. The pink ladies look quite brash compared to it, very good of you to complete someone elses ufo! xx

Pauline said...

I love the colours in the church house work, sort of genteel. And that elegant lady - you gave her life!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Good Morning Bev,
Another beautiful cross stitch. Love the colors.
Your table runner is perfect for tea time. What a great image too. I can see Her on all kinds of things.
I have one more UFO that needs to be worked on. You have reminded me of it.
Thank you for your wishes for my four legged boy.
Have a wonderful day Bev.
Blessings!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a beautiful cross stitch Bev. Nice the sweet lady was finally finished.

Deb said...

Love the x-stitch, Bev!! The Church Farm House is just my style. You've done a great job!

Karen said...

Great work with the cross stitch. And well done finishing a UFO that wasn't yours!

Jeanny said...

That is a lovely cross stitch design.
Love the colors!