Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Gardening Panel, Cross Stitch, Patchwork Balls, Sheets and Roses."

Hello,

Do you remember the garden panel that Cheryll sent me?


I did some basic quilting around some of the design with clear thread.


Added a good bug in the bottom corner.


I had to add a rabbit, we seem to have them visiting quite often making their presence felt in the front yard. A few extra gardening tools come in handy and the bees are always welcome here at Kainga.


Scarecrows, birdhouses chickens and flowers are scattered around the garden.


Come Spring time we will welcome the ladybugs and dragon fly's that buzz around. Extra blooms amongst the garden make the bee's very happy.
Thanks so much for this panel Cheryll, I had a lot of fun adding to the panel. I chose the same fabric for the backing,border and binding.


I made a few more of the hexagon balls that I made previously for Jacob. I also super sized the pattern and made a bigger one. These are very addictive and I have made a promise to the family not to make anymore. Last week I made one each night! The pattern is available in the February Homespun Magazine from this year.


A friend purchased this fabric from Bali years ago and wondered if I wanted to make something for Jacob from it. I gratefully took it. I machine embroidered some Teddy's and now Jacob has two more cot sheets


Not the clearest of photo's but I did get the cross stitch back from the framers and had it up on the wall straight away. I chose a brown frame with a bit of a distressed look about it.


I made up this little cushion , filled with some Lavender of course. The brown thread that is holding the ric-rac down is very old, it either belonged to my Nanna or Auntie. I used up strips of pink toned fabrics for the backing.


 The roses are blooming so well this year. These are some of them in the back yard, in this bed is Saint Cecelia in the back, the yellow ones in the middle are Happy Child and the front bright pink ones are Charles Rennie MacKintosh. These are all David Austin bread roses.


This is one of the beds in the front garden, once again mostly Austin roses. I have decided to not prune them this year, just a decent dead heading. They are so healthy at the moment it seems a shame to cut them back.

Happy days.
Bev C


17 comments:

KimM said...

Oh my - the quilt is so lovely, as well as all your stitching. Beautiful post!
xxx

Terri said...

That gardening panel is fun, especially with the additional embroideries you added. Love seeing all the rest of your stitching projects. Always great to see your lovely gardens too!

Maria said...

What a perfect panel Cheryll sent you to stitch..
Your new header is lovely.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hello Bev,
Love your projects. Wonderful additions you added to your beautiful quilt. Love the bees. : )

Those are adorable hexagon balls. A wonderful gift for a baby. I need to keep that in mind. Your roses bushes are beautiful and full of blooms. Thank you for sharing your rose and your beautiful projects.
Blessings!

Christine M said...

I love what you did with your panel from Chez. Your cross stitch looks lovely framed. Sounds like those balls are breeding at your house! xx

Fiona said...

how clever to add the details onto the garden panel... looks great.... and you have done a heap of sewing.... so do you all throw hexi balls at each other now?
Hugz

Julie said...

I just love how you have embellished that garden panel Bev. It is a lovely verse anyway & you have enhanced it with things applicable to your garden, just perfect. Also in love with that little pink rose cushion you have made :-)

Cheryll said...

You did a wonderful job with the panel Bev... and yes those balls must be addictive as I want to make one now too...lol :)

Lin said...

Oh dear - too much to comment on in one go! Love your garden quilt - so much detail, it is beautiful. Your framed sampler looks gorgeous as do all your lovely roses. And the cushion is delightful too. xx

Karen said...

Lovely to see all the projects you have finished. All beautifully done, too. Love the roses as well.

marina said...

you have embellished the panel beautifully.
Love the finished cross stitch, so perfect.

Aida said...

I love that cushion with writing "Rosė is a rose is a rose. You did a good job with that panel, love the garden ornaments and ll its visitors.
Have a lovely weekend.

Wendy said...

You have made the panel even more beautiful and I particularly love the cross stitch cushion. Your garden is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hello Bev, thanks for stopping by today :))
I love what you have added to the panel.. are these buttons or did you embroider them ??
The garden is glorious with all those roses.. it must smell divine :)) hugs pat :))

Deb said...

Bev, I just love that gardening panel! You really made it special! Love that bug! Also..thanks for the link to Cheryll's blog. I just visited over there, and she's a VERY productive stitcher! i especially loved her wonky scrappy star blocks. So very nice, and now I want to make some, too! :)

Magia da Inês said...

彡✿⊱·..
Passei para uma visita.
O painel está encantador!
Belo trabalho!

。♡♡彡
Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
✿° ·..

Simone said...

You make such lovely things Bev, it is a joy to see what you have been up to. Gorgeous roses too!