Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, May 25, 2015

"Rose Woolen Blanket and Paris Stitch-along."

Hello,

Happy Monday.;

 This woolen blanket has been a UFO for quite a few years. I had made a start on the machine embroideries and left it at that.


I think the problem was I was nervous every time I was embroidering it. I was still nervous last week when the machine was sewing the extra designs that are from the designer Sue Box..


 So instead of doing the embroidering straight onto the fabric. I decided to find some rose quotes and embroider them onto rose fabric.


 I even put some  hearts on the back of the blanketing along with a label. These were made smaller and placed behind the hearts on the front. These were a bit of a test run when it came to choosing thread colours. As the blanketing is quite thick I was able to blanket stitch around the edges and the thread didn't show up on the other side.  I chose some calico fabric for the binding.


I recently joined in a Cross Stitch-along that is being run by Kat. There were several different designs to choose from. I chose the Eiffel Tower.This is part one.

Now I wonder what is next on my "to do" list.

Happy days.
Bev C





19 comments:

Petra said...

Hello Bev happy Monday to, you're blanket looks nice I love the colors you juice. Enjoy your day today, take care.
Greetings Petra.

Maria said...

Lovely projects there Bev!

marina said...

looks like roses are filling your days. beautiful wool blanket and the embroidered sayings are lovely.
great progress on your cross stitch, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Karen S said...

Lovely work with the blanket. Such a great way to add your quotes and some roses.
Enjoy your cross stitch.

Jeanette said...

Love your rose blanket. Enjoy the cross stitch. Hugs, xx

Anthea said...

beautiful work on the blanket there Bev... the SAL looks great so far, enjoy!
x

Dolores said...

The blanket looks great. Have fun with your stitch-a-long. It looks like a wonderful project to keep you busy.

Christine M said...

Your blanket is lovely, Bev. A great finish. Looking forward to seeing your SAL progress.

Kim said...

Your finished wool blanket is lovely, Bev. I love those rose sayings. Happy cross stitching!

Pauline said...

The blanket is beautiful. I can imagine fingering the roses as one snuggles under it. Loved the Ring Your Mothers in the previous post.

Julie said...

Just beautiful Bev ... I love the combination of the wool blanket, hearts, roses & lovely verses :-) All perfect together.

Lynda said...

It's always nerve-wracking to machine embroider straight onto something special - such a great idea to make the hearts.

Lin said...

Two lovely projects - how big will the Eiffel tower be when it is finished? xx

Fiona said...

the blanket looks lovely... and I always admire cross stitch... it is so fine...
Hugz

Bobbie Lynn said...

Yay! another finished UFO. It feels good to be able to finish another project. Especially one that has been sitting on the shelf for a while. Very beautiful and I like the way you incorporated appliqué along with your machine embordery . I would get nervous too at adding embroidery to a quilt. You never know when the machine will act up. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week.
Blessings!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

A lovely looking blanket and your cross stitch project looks like it will be wonderful when finished.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

So good to finish a UFO and it comes out so pretty! Cant wait to see your finished cross stitch piece

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Beautiful work Bev.....especially that Eiffel Tower, I will have to go and check out your link! Hope you are having a nice weekend!

Wendy said...

Your blanket is beautiful Bev and the cross stitch will be lovely.