Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

"Gentle Stitches."

Hello,

Gentle stitches, don't those words sound relaxing. This month has just flown by but I did manage a little bit of gentle stitching.

 I have had this design printed out for ages, apologies to the designer your name didn't appear on the paper pattern otherwise I would let everyone know who designed it. It was stitched on 14 count Aida. I chose my own DMC colours.


 I then recycled the cross stitch pattern into some papers for some hexagons and decided to add the little bluebird design I stitched a few years back.


 I am continuing to pick up the Paris cross stitch and stitch a little every now and again, I have done a bit more since this photo was taken. I am working on the top right had corner at the moment.


 I did have one finish for OPAM  (one project a month). I decided to make up a bag with the cross stitch design on one side.

The other side had the hexies.I even managed to find a little silver bluebird to attach to the zipper.It was posted to its new owner yesterday and the post office assures me it will only take 6 days to get there!

Did you get many projects finished this month?

Happy days.
Bev C

14 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Such pretty stitching, my dear - I love the sentiment on the small pillow.

Maria said...

Bev, your projects are gorgeous! This month it looks like I just have WIPs only.

marina said...

Very pretty bag, such a lovely stitch design.
Your Paris stitch design is coming along beautifully

KimM said...

What a lovely finish! And I love the Paris pattern
xxx

Dotty's Daughter said...

Such a pretty cushion.

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous. Love your finish. Paris is looking lovely. Hugs,xx

Pauline said...

Love your gentle stitches, Bev. Everything you show us today looks soft and gentle to me. I really like your Paris project!

Narelle said...

Beautiful finish and I love how you combined the two. Also a clever idea to use the pattern for the hexie papers ... nice recycling.

Karen S said...

You have some lovely projects on the go, Bev.
Great finish on the bag, too.

Julie said...

Beautiful stitching as always Bev ... I love how you made the cross stitch up into that gorgeous bag.

Fiona said...

Hi Bev - how clever is that zippy purse with all the different elements to it.... happy travels! The months are zooming by - I think it's perfectly unfair!
Hugz

Lin said...

What a pretty bag - the new owner will love it. Beautiful stitching and I love the way you have used the hexies. xx

Mrs Knitaddict said...

I'd been missing terribly your Blog Bev, long months away from the blogging world.
So today is a very special day for me admiring your wonderful cross stitch, your Patchwork always so perfect and your garden that makes my Jimmy very jealous.
Your Blog 's as inspiring as ever.
Lots of love, Dolly

Anthea said...

beautiful stitching as always Bev...