Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, April 4, 2016

"Friday Night with Friends and a family weekend."

Hello,

Thank you Cheryll for hosting Friday Night with Friends. I stitched on my Paris cross stitch I even did some more on Saturday night.


The plan is to get this one finished, I seem to have put it aside for far too long.


Sunday saw us visit  The Natural History Museum in Guildford. The array of animals was amazing. Everywhere you looked there was another creature. This Scottish Highland Cow was massive. Certainly not the sort of animal you would want running into your car on a dark night.


I wouldn't want to meet this Brown Bear either. Jacob wasn't too sure of some of the creatures but amazingly he loved the Wedge Tailed Eagle and several Owls. As well as the animals that had been given Taxidermy treatment there were massive  resin/plastic Dinosaurs some nearly reaching the roof. The Museum was certainly worth visiting, there is also a lounge area where little children can sit and play with toy animals, this was Jacob's favourite spot.

Across the road from the Museum there was a Heritage Fair at the park. We went to this last year as well. There seemed to be twice as many stalls this year. Certainly a lot to look at.  It was interesting to see how cars and buses have changed over the decades. The collection of old buses amused us, seeing how small the seats were, I can't imagine half the population being able to sit on the seats now. Lovely leather seats though.


My favourite vehicle of the day had to be this camper/car.


It was just so cute, the front seats turned around so you could sit and the little table.I couldn't imagine going too far in this vehicle today but it certainly would turn heads at a caravan park/camping ground.

Did you have a great weekend ? I hope so.

Enjoy your week.

Happy days.
Bev C


8 comments:

Karen S said...

Lovely to see you back working on your cross stitch.
The museum and fair looked like a great way to spend the weekend.

Terri said...

Beautiful Paris cross-stitch! Looks like a fun project to work on. Love hearing more about that museum and seeing the fun things on display.

Helen said...

Paris cross stitch is looking lovely. Thanks for the pics of the caravan/car looks like a lot of fun :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love your cross stitch Bev. Sounds like you had a great day out. The camper is indeed very cute...don't think I could fit all my sewing in that I usually take lol!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely cross stitch Bev...wow that Museum is fascinating with those animals! Yes thanks I had a good weekend....making a sewing machine cover!

Fiona said...

what a fun day - I like Museums.... the smll seats made me smile... I look back at old footage when they have a bit on TV and you can see how the size of the population has changed over the years...
Hugz

Kaisievic said...

Paris is looking very sweet and thank you so much for taking us to the museum and the vintage car/bus show.

kiwikid said...

What a great camping vehicle! That would be for slow travelling!! Your stitching is looking lovely.