Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

"Butterfly's Bluebirds and Friday Night Sew In."

Hello,

I hope your weekend is going well. During the week I finished the little Bluebird Cross Stitch into a wall hanging.

 This was stitched on 25 count Dublin Linen using DMC threads Numbers 312 3829 and 3838. Once again this was a freebie provided by http://lacontesselepointdecroix.blogspot.com.au/. The Bluebird flew from Kainga this week in this lovely card made by Bobbie Lynn. Bobbie Lynn had sent me this card with a letter inside and made it so it was re-usable. Thanks so much for your letter Bobbie Lynn, your kindness is much appreciated.


Last night was Friday Night Sew In, during the afternoon I completed the simple quilting on my "Country Store" wall hanging and sewed on the binding during the evening. I then had time to get some more hexies organised for my Hexagon project. If you joined in Friday Night Sew In I hope you got lots done.Special thanks to Wendy for hosting the evening.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Happy days.
Bev C

23 comments:

Petra said...

Hello Bev, ooh I like your bird stitch lovely color blue is my favorite. Have a nice weekend, greetings Petra.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Bev....lovely little cross stitch there....like your re-usable card too...what a good idea! What a lovely header you have.....Hope your weekend is a good one!

KimM said...

What a sweet card....love the color blue - my very favorite.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev wow love your beautiful work ,well done on a productive night :)

Karen S said...

The bluebird is lovely. Such a pretty cross stitch.
Well done on the quilt finish.

Dotty's Daughter said...

Beutiful Bevxx

Unknown said...

Love you "Country Store" quilt. Congratulations on the finish :)

Kim said...

Your bluebird cross stitch is so pretty. Your Country Store quilt is a lovely finish. Hope you are having a lovely weekend, Bev.

Pauline said...

I have my grandmother's little bluebird brooches, remember those? There's two of them one slightly larger than the other attached by a tiny chain. Your bluebird reminds me of her, and that's always a good thing. Hope your weekend is going well. Hi to Lucy!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

What is it about a pretty blue bird? Love your cross stitch and card. Great work on your quilt xx

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Bev,

I love your sweet Bluebird and good idea been able to reuse the card.
The Country Store quilt is wonderful too and how good to have it all finished.
Must send you an email with the ginger beer recipe.
Many thanks for the kind visit and hope you are enjoying the weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Maria said...

Such a pretty blue bird stitchery Bev and nice to get the quilting no binding done on your wall hanging too.

Fiona said...

Your little blue bird is just beautiful and great finished touches to your quilt...
Hugz

Lin said...

Two beautiful finishes Bev - I love the bluebird and your wall hanging looks brilliant. xx

Kaisievic said...

Such a sweet cross stich, Bev and thank you so much for giving us your colourway, so helpful. Love your finished quilt, too. hugs, Kaye

Jeanette said...

The bluebird is gorgeous. The hanging looks fabulous. Hugs,xx

Chookyblue...... said...

the bluebird is gorgeous.........

Karen's Korner said...

I love your pretty bluebird. It reminds me of a locket I had as a child.

Julie said...

Your cross stitches are always soooo dainty & beautiful Bev. That card is rather stunning too. Have a great week. Just getting round to catching up on some blog reading.

Deb said...

Love your little quilt! I can tell the pieces are tiny to work with! And the x-stitch is delightful. You not only do good work, but FAST too! I started a knitting project (only a dish cloth) while on my recent trip. It felt good to do a craft again.

kiwikid said...

Your quilt is beautiful!! The cross stitch is beautiful and makes a lovely hanger.

Christine M said...

Oh my gosh! That little bluebird has arrived at my house! Thank you so much Bev. You have made my day! Hugs, Christine xxx

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I love the pretty blue bird! Such a sweet design! I so love your quilted country store!