Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

"Ticking Roger off the bucket list."

Hello,

What a great start to 2017. I managed to tick one off the bucket list.


 We had tickets to the Hopman Cup to see Roger Federer play on Monday. We were part of the record breaking crowd. Definitely the best night of sport and sportsmanship I have seen. No wonder they call him Mr Perfect.


This year we got tickets alongside the court, perfect viewing. EXCEPT for the biggest man ever sitting right in front of me.  I should have let Ian go in first! When he went to sit down I thought he wasn't going to fit in the seat. We watched him squeeze himself in. The armchair rests do have a bit of give. To think I was worried about a lady outside who was big.  Apart from that it was a great afternoon/evening of Tennis. So much goes on that you don't see on TV.
As per usual we stayed at our favourite Bed and Breakfast in Bedford after.

Happy days.
Bev C

14 comments:

sharon said...

Wahoo! So nice to be able to do something you've dreamed of for so long.
I don't really have a bucket list of my own, except for dreams of improvements and additions to the farm....

Anonymous said...

How lovely! Not just getting to go, but going to a special match that turned out that way. I'll bet he's happy to be out of that crowded bucket, too!

Sharm said...

What a great time and nice to tick off another goal!

Julie said...

Hello Bev ... Happy New Year. I am just catching up on your blog posts - how wonderful to watch Roger play, that sure is one to tick off your list. Your crafting in your recent posts are just lovely too. Heres to a happy & creative year Bev x x x

Karen S said...

What a great way to start off your year. These are always great events. So pleased you were able to be part of it.

Fiona said...

Fabulous.. what fun... I always get tall people in front of me at things!
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Awesome,wow so glad you have already ticked something off your bucket list,what an amazing time you had,Happy New Year my friend xx

kiwikid said...

Wonderful way to start the year doing something you have wanted to do. So good to achieve a bucket list thing. Best wishes for the coming year.

Stitching Noni said...

Lucky you! What a great night out that would have been :o)
We went to the Hopman Cup last year and had the best time - this year though I didn't have holidays this week so we didn't worry about trying for tickets
I hope you have a great 2017!
Hugs x

Kim said...

What a treat to see Roger Federer in person at the tennis. He is a credit to the game of tennis isn't he. He is one of my all time favourite tennis players. Some of the younger Australian players could certainly take lots of pages from his book!! Happy New Year to you, Bev.

Clare M said...

Hello Bev, As has been said, what a great way to start your New Year. I love the movie Bucket List and couldn't help but watch it again as they played it for the umpteenth time over the holiday period, lol. Looking forward to seeing your sewing and your gardens this year. All the best. Clare

Lynda said...

Happy New Year Bev - what a lovely start to the year.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Sounds like a fun time! Have a great weekend!

Deb said...

Hi Bev, Well, I am quite jealous (but happy for you!) that you were able to see Roger in person!!!! I love tennis....but sadly to say i haven't been able to keep up with it this January. My fave is Rafa...and so far this season I see he's hanging in there with wins.

Sorry I'm late checking in. But i wish you the best in 2017.