Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A wedding and some finishes.

Hello,


On Saturday 7th February 2009 Ryan and Edy were married in the surrounds of Geoff and Laura's garden. Although we didn't manage to stay in New Zealand for the wedding we enjoyed looking at the photo's. Each guest received a painting done by Edy's Mum which is just beautiful. Mine is of some flowers because I love gardening. I even managed to hang it up myself. The first time I have drilled into the wall. We also got a bag of almonds decorated with crochet with some paua shell attached. They were the best sugared almonds we have ever tasted. Ryan and Edy will be backpacking through India for there honeymoon. Congratulations guys and best of luck for the future. Remember Edy if that spinning wheel doesn't fit into the container it would be most at home here!!! Last night I finished of the stitchery that Lyn gave me at Christmas called "Xmas Morning Annie." Lyn also gave me a fat quarter of the gold material and the buttons. I enjoyed doing this and I even learnt a new stitch called whipped back stitch. This is where you do the back stitch then you go under and over each back stitch. This gives a raised effect.
I also finished off some little toiletry bags. These were in various stages of completion some needed iron on vilene attaching. I have left one plain as I can get buttons from the craft shop with initials on to attach when I know who this will be for. The others are machine embroidered with roses.
Ainsley and Julian arrived back from New Zealand last Thursday and had a wonderful time looking around in the camper van that they hired. Mind you there postcard they sent us is having a holiday to, I suppose it will get here soon.
I spent several hours working in the garden yesterday tidying up the roses and mulching with cow manure and charlie carp. Don't gardens smell wonderful! On the weekend I managed to buy a pepino plant, I have had one of these before but the frost got at it in wintertime. Hopefully this one will survive better. I also got punnets of Kale. The Siberian variety and the Red Russian, apparently these are very good for you.
Happy days.
Bev C

3 comments:

Roseanne said...

I like your Xmas morning Annie she is just so cute.

Anonymous said...

Great to see that you have done xmas morning Annie, she will look beautiful hanging up next xmas. I also love your little purses Bev you sure are very productive. Keep up the good work.
Cheers Lyn

Cath Ü said...

hey good to see one our patterns finished and on show....
Cath Ü...Angels in Disguise...