Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Walk in the Garden and Christmas stitchery.

Hello,

I have been doing the hand quilting on my brown stitchery quilt and finished the quilting last night. I am sure glad that it is finished. It was 40 degrees here yesterday. It got very hot especially with the cotton wadding which makes it very heavy. I will buy some brown homespun for the binding today. I found this Christmas stitchery in my "to do pile." I added the red border last night and backing and pinned on the ric-rac. The pattern is from Cinderberry Stitches. A freebie, but I have added more to it. So come Christmas this year I will have another completed project to hang up in my home.


I was lucky enough to win this lovely embroidery pattern from Lyn Briggs of http://www.moorepatchwork.com/ It contains nine little patterns pertaining to the garden including a quilt hanging in the garden, a watering can, bees and butterflies. I love reading Lyn's blog because she can knit. Something I can't do. I enjoy reading how she changes the patterns to suit herself. I love that she can knit socks jumpers and cardigans and finishes them off. I am afraid that if I started knitting I would have a terrible lot of one sort of sock. Thank you Lyn for the lovely pattern. I truly appreciate it.
Happy stitching.
Bev C




No comments: