Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bag ladies...

Hello,

Today I wanted to share with you what I made in last months challenge. I chose this pattern of the two ladies ready to go shopping for our challenge pattern. It was in a newsletter given out by Darlene I added some beads that I had for the lady's hat and they both got beads for the necklaces.
I added the stitchery panel to a bag. I made up the bag pattern myself . I used stripes because the lady on the left has a striped bag with the panel in the middle.

The other side of the bag with a floral panel. I enjoyed doing the scallops and button holing them on. I did think about doing a little fastener at the top and using a button,but I didn't really have any that matched in well. As this is supposed to be a project that only uses things we had on hand this decision was made. I haven't heard back yet from Anita and Heather if they got there project done but will let you know if they have. This months challenge is something completely different. We are going to be making Robyn's
"Hoot." This pattern is now available in Robyn's new store. I received a phone call yesterday that I have been waiting for. My embroidery machine is all fixed and ready to be picked up so will make a trip to the city soon to pick it up. Yay!!! I have really missed her.
Happy sewing.
Bev C


2 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Bev...I like those scallops and handles on the bag...I reckon we can never have enough bags♥x

Bobbie Lynn said...

Wow, what a great project you did. The scallop is a beautiful accent to the bag and I think to just about any thing. I want to try scalloped edging on a quilt one day, but I think I will start off with placemats first. Thanks for sharing.