Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, July 5, 2010

"Makes Me Happy" Number 27

Hello,

"Happy Monday" to you all. A bit later posting today, had a awful smell in the fridge which meant finding the culprut. Who new that a piece of carrot and some yucky stuff under the veggie crisper could smell like that. All clean now so that makes my happy! Gosh I must be desperate if that is what makes me happy today but you know what I mean. Onto what is making me happy today. Over the weekend I found this fabulous website that makes your photos into quilting patterns. The Victoria and Albert Museum has a Patchwork Pattern Maker which in three simple steps turns photo's like mine above into
a pattern right before your eyes. How cool is that. I had a play around and made some with photo's of my sunflowers which turned out so real. You have a choice of how many colours you can have in your quilt. Even if you never get around to doing them it is inspiring to watch what could be done if we had a few more days in the week.
I hope you all have a very Happy Monday.
Bev C




12 comments:

Pauline said...

Getting rid of a bad smell always makes for a happier day. That rose pattern is amazing. Bet you make something using that pattern maker before the month is out!!

Sue said...

That looks like so much fun. You could do portrait quilts like that I'm sure.

Simone de Klerk said...

Amazing! I will have a try too!

Maria said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Will put the link into my favorites to play with at a later date.

Roseanne said...

I have put the link in my favorites for a look later. I am glad you found your smell.

Wacky Woman said...

I know what you mean when you are on the smell hunt. Thanks for the tip on the pattern maker. Love it.

Joy said...

Bev that pattern making thingy looks like great fun!!! Thanks for the link :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Anita said...

Hi Bev, Glad you found the culprit in the fridge! Mind you having to clean out the fridge takes away from any crafting time...not on! lol. Great find with the website that transforms flowers into quilt patterns. Kind regards, Anita.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow that looks great!!!

Terriaw said...

That patchwork pattern maker site is so cool! I'm so happy you shared it with us cuz I can't wait to try something. Gorgeous photo you used for the test run.

Bobbie Lynn said...

That is a neat website and that would be perfect for flowers. Yes, those forgotten thing in the refrigerator. Yikes. : ) Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by for a visit also.

Teresa said...

Thanks for the link to the pattern maker... I had a lot of fun and turned a photo of Squeaky into a quilt. Hope I get the chance to make it now!!!