Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Joy's Toiletry/Sewing Bags.

Hello,

I can now mark Joy's Toiletry Bag of my list of things to do. Have you made one of these? I made the first bag in Spring colours. I even used up a very very old zip that I have had in my sewing room for such a long time. The zip was metal and the material was made of cotton not man made material like they are now. That is how old the zip is. The zip was recycled from another project, I think it probably came from a cushion,it was too long but the good thing with zips if they are to long you can just chop them off where you need to. Old habits are hard to change. I only realised when I was making the second bag I had cut the binding 2.5 inches instead of 2 inches. It worked out well I didn't need to mitre the corners. I will be using my Spring Toiletry Bag as a Toiletry Bag. I wonder if I say to Ian that we need a weekend away because I have a new bag to test out will he book us in somewhere nice!!! I can only try.
After making one I decided I would make one in Autumn colours. This one I did use 2 inch binding. It pays to read every part of the pattern. I will be using this one for those sewing supplies like scissors,quick-un-pick pins etc to take to sewing.

Thank you Joy for sharing your pattern with us. That is two more projects completed for the month.
Happy Sewing.
Bev C


10 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely bags, Bev. That was quick. And one fits so perfectly to the color of the stone from where you took the picture.

retdairyqueen said...

Very nice bags
I would love to try to make one but I avoid anything with zips
I just cannot put a zip in to save myself

Mitzi Curi said...

Those are adorable, Bev! I hope you can test them out on a weekend getaway sometime soon!

Anita said...

Hi Bev, hey those bags are handy and you have used wonderful colours. Make you feel rather warm. Kind regards, Anita.

Terriaw said...

I love making these kinds of bags! They are one of the most handy bags to carry my makeup and my sewing supplies. Love the colors you chose!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Cool bags Bev...now about that weekend away???!!! What did Ian say?

aussiequilter said...

Bev your bags are adorable.Will have to try to make one of these myself soon.BTW can't wait to see what you and Anita make with your packages cheers teri

Jossie said...

Great bags Bev. You also could ask Ian to take you for a lovely week end twice a year, once in spring and once in fall ;-)

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a fun project and I need a lot of practice on zippers. It has been a while. Very pretty fabric. Hope all is well with you.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Lovely lovely bags Bev, they look a real quick fun project.