Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Goody Bag and some Loyalty/Library Card Holders.

Hello,

After my effort sewing the zig-zag basket I felt I needed to make a few quick projects. It is wonderful to use up the little pieces we have in our scrap bag. Mind you it will take years to empty the scrap bag,but that is OK. First I made the Goodies Bag that was in Natalie's book. I changed the centre design of the applique. I replaced the mouse with a Christmas Tree. I am not a big fan of mice but love Christmas trees. I didn't put the ric-rac all around the top of the bag because I had just the right length of ric-rac left over from another job.
The other project I have worked on are Joy's Loyalty Card Holders. These holders are really addictive,you certainly can't stop at one. I decided to make one because I am always searching in the centre console of my car for the Library Cards. The red floral one will be used for this.

Joy used Fast2Fuse in her holder. I was unable to get anything like this locally. When we went to the movies the other day I called into Spotlight to see if they had anything I could use. Two very helpful ladies were on hand. They didn't have the double sided fusible. I got some of the single sided fusible and this worked out well.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and that Americans have a Happy 4th July.
Happy days to you all.
Bev C



13 comments:

Joy said...

Love your goodie bag Bev, and the card wallets turned out a treat too!!! Good idea to put the library cards in one ... I should do that too ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Roseanne said...

They all look great. Love the goodie bag.

retdairyqueen said...

The card holders are great as is the bag
I think I might have a go at some of the card holders when I get time
I like them a lot

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

oh what wonderful goodies! I hope you have had a great weekend

Maria said...

Lovely projects. I made some of those loyalty card holders too. Great idea.

Have a Happy Monday

Jossie said...

Great work Bev. You don't need the book I bought ;-)

Unknown said...

Great work Bev , it's always so good to use up some scraps !

Terriaw said...

Cute projects! I need to find some quick projects like these to work on in between the big ones.

Wacky Woman said...

Very cute projects Bev. Love the loyalty card holder.

Sue said...

Wow, you've achieved lots of finishes. Great work, I love your goody bag.

Pauline said...

Bev, I'm sure Chris will think I should make one of those little card holders. She had to remind me that I am a financial member at the Film Club last Friday as I couldn't remember and couldn't find my card. Mind you, the card holder would probably be in the car miles away when I need it but it's still a great idea.
Bet you enjoyed making that bag after the basket. I laughed when I heard the story behind it.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I couldn't find the Fast2 Fuse either...do y0u mean you just used ordinary pellon for this? Dzintra♥x

Bobbie Lynn said...

Great projects Bev. We have way too many cards in our lives. A card for just about every store we shop at. Happy sewing.