Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, July 19, 2010

"Makes Me Happy Monday" number 29.

Hello,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a rather full one. It started on Friday night with a dinner for "Uncle Bob" one of Ian's workmates. It was Bob's last day of work and his close workmates went out for tea. Saturday morning was back to the garden and doing lots more rose pruning. In the afternoon I went to Garden Club at Anne's. We were lucky enough to have a look at her neighbour's garden as well. Here we saw some Sturt Desert Pea's in flower. This flower is the floral emblem of South Australia. On Sunday Ian and I went across to Toodyay for lunch and a good look around the shops. The town was full of bikers so finding a place for lunch was a case of going from one cafe to the next cafe until we found a seat. Before we went across to Toodyay we went for our usual Sunday morning walk down town . This brings me to my "Makes Me Happy Monday" posting. In one of the craft shops was a sign for 30% off everything. Now I wasn't going to buy anything this month. I even told Ian that. He said its 30% off you may as well go in on Monday and have a look. Well when I got to the shop this morning the sign said 50% off. I couldn't believe my eyes. 50% what a bargain. Unfortunately the shop owner has a lot going on in her personal life and has made the tough decision to close shortly. I managed to get a new cutting mat for less than $12.00 which I really really needed. One day I will post a picture of my very much loved and used mat. I picked up a roll of blue ric-rac to match my mat!!! A roll of Homespun in Ivory some zips and a marking pen some vliesofix and some pellon. Even though this means we have one less shop in town it was a "Happy Monday" for my wallet.

I hope everyone has a very "Happy Monday".


Bev C

9 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Good buys Bev...don't you just love it when you see bargains like that...So sorry to hear about the lady having to shut her shop but...Let's hope things start to look up for her...Dzintra♥x

Pauline said...

You have such a nose for bargains, Bev. Just like that sister of yours! I'm sure you will put your bargains to good use!!

Sue said...

It's sad to see a shop go but great to pick up the bargains. Very practical shopping too!

Simone de Klerk said...

In Holland we have the saying: De een zijn dood is de ander zijn brood. While one is suffering, the other can profit from it. But, I don't mean this in a negative way, Bev!
Great purchases. I love the color of your mat and the ribon rolled on that bobin. Perfect.
Happy Monday for you!

Jossie said...

I can imagine your happiness. What great purchases. I am off the market in a minute. See if I find things that make my Monday happy. (it is morning here)

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Bev,

Sorry I have not been visiting much lately. The garden is doing well and grown out of control. : ) and my little Opie is just a handful. But I love our new little guy. Love your new table runner and the fabric is beautiful. Rick rack is always fun to buy and now it seems more colors are available now days. Enjoy your day.
Blessings to you and your family

Mylene said...

Such great purchases, Bev. I hope you have a good week.

Terriaw said...

I'm always impressed with your knack for finding such great bargains! These new treasures would make me happy too.

Grace @ WhimsyLoft dot com said...

Hello Bev,
It is always nice to get sewing goodies at a bargain :D i love love LOVE them... Have a great week yourself. Come over to my blog to join my giveaway .. more sewing goodies!
hugz,
grace