Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, July 26, 2010

"Makes Me Happy Monday" number 30.

Hello,

Welcome to my 30th posting of "Makes Me Happy Monday'. This week I want to share with you where Ian and I sometimes go for a walk. Around the river. You may be wondering how we can go around the river. Well there are three bridges that can be crossed,so therefor we go "around the river." The photo above shows the "suspension bridge" and the fountains that aerate the water. The fountains are formed in the shape of the "southern cross" the stars on our Australian flag.
This is the oldest of the three bridges. This bridge has been replaced three times. I think the first bridge was built in about 1858.
The flour mill is right beside the bridge. The flour mill still operates today. This building would have been one of the original buildings when the town was settled.
We have lots of sea gulls around town. The sea is a long way away. Lucy calls these river gulls. Which is more appropriate name for them.
There is a huge amount of bird life on the river. This island was home to a huge variety. We even have white swans on the river but they must have been upstream or over in a pond that the council made for them to breed in. Lots of people use the walking path around the river for exercise. The only thing I find it is flat so you really don't get a work out. I didn't get a photo of the third bridge,this one is one of the first bridges to be made of concrete. Some repairs were done on it last year so it is in top condition now.
I hope everyone who visits today has a great day and thanks for visiting "Kainga Happenings."
Happy Monday.
Bev C

10 comments:

Sue said...

I really enjoyed walking with you Bev. You've shown me a side of your town I haven't seen before and it's lovely. Thanks

Terriaw said...

This is such gorgeous scenery for a walk! Those bridges are amazing and that river looks gorgeous. I'm impressed that it has what looks like a sandy beach and gulls too. Such a beautiful day would make me happy too!

Cubby House Crafts said...

What a beautiful place for a walk...thankyou for sharing Bev!
Lisa ʚϊɞ

Teresa said...

Wow... what a lovely walk you took us on. I would want to walk every day with scenery like that. It's really lovely. Happy Monday to you Bev!

Pauline said...

What a lovely walk, Bev. Love your fountains! Your really do have a pretty river, don't you? Yep, that would make me happy on a Monday!

Anita said...

Hey Bev, lovely photos of around town. One thing I noticed...where are all the white swans, you usuaully see them everywhere! Kind regards, Anita.

Maria said...

Thanks for the walk around your lovely town Bev

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a beautiful place to walk. Looks like blue skies there. Had a great weekend and loving our weather here in So. Cal. Have a great day Bev.

Mylene said...

What beautiful views. Thanks for sharing!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Bev...what a wonderful place for a walk...I love it!!! Dzintra♥x