Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Colourful Fridays-RED

Hello,

Today I have decided to join in Colourful Fridays with
Robyn.

Red Poppies growing at Kainga.
Red Paving with Aussie thongs out the back door.


Red Wool waiting to be made into something.

My Red Rooster plate and the Red shelf sitter Rooster.



Tulips in Tasmania on our holiday a few years ago.
We don't have many red things around our home. Though Red is one of the dominant colours used in advertising. Think the famous cool drink company, Red Cross, Red-Bull Air Race,Red -Nose day,Red Cross Blood Bank and of course Valentines Day which would have to be the day that most Red Roses are sold.
I hope you find a splash of red in your day today.
Happy days.
Bev C













14 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Gorgeous gorgeous red thingies. Amazing when you put them together to see how many red stuff you have. Have fun visiting red blogs - Hugs Nat

RG said...

Hello Bev!!
So happy to have you playing along on our Colourful Fridays... Welcome!!

Love your beautiful poppies..they are defintely a favourite of mine and the tulips are stunnimg too!!
Love the thongs and need to touch that gorgeous wool!!
Such red goodness everywhere :-)

Terriaw said...

This is a cool idea! Red is so fun to look for. The colors for our university are red and white, so I see it everywhere I turn. People in this town even buy cars to get into the spirit! Now I'm going to be looking for red inspirations like yours.

Pauline said...

What a cheerful sight on a dull, dreary day!

Love your Aussie thongs!

Elaine said...

I love the poppies. I couldn't get any to grow this year - first time I've planted them. I was very disappointed. Glad I got to see yours.

Red is just so much fun, don't you think?!

Anonymous said...

Just love the poppies!!! Great photos and looking forward to next weeks blue Friday :-)

Narelle said...

Love the poppies and tulips...very pretty!

Melody said...

I love your selection of pics. Thanks for sharing.

Simone de Klerk said...

Red, nope! But since I've been quilting, I have started to appreciate the color more and more. Your 'reds' are beautiful!
Word verification: ANGER. That is what red sometimes did with me LOL

Bobbie Lynn said...

Happy Friday to you Bev and hope you have a lovely weekend. The photos are very beautiful and bright. Makes me happy. : ) I really love red but I also do not have much red around the house. So the red I have is in the garden.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Valentina said...

Certainly did! What a lovely way to start the weekend, :)
Those poppies are breath-taking!
Thanks for the lovely treat,
Valentina

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness those tulips are sooo beautiful! Lovely, lovely red photos. toni xxx

Nicky said...

Great pics Bev, love your red poppies pic. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Tiffany said...

Oh the poppies are to die for! They're just gorgeous, I love them.
And that red rooster plate - my mom would go ga-ga over. And that brilliant wool stash is delicious! I wonder what that will become?!