Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, November 1, 2010

"Makes Me Happy Monday" Number 44

Hello,

Happy Monday to you.
On Sunday Ian and I went to Kalamunda. There was a festival on. We had a quick look around then went to a cafe,we won't mention the awful service. I didn't know that grunting was part of service these days!!! One good thing about the cafe was that they had newspapers to read. I quickly got the gardening section and discovered an open garden was just up the road. So of we went. The Granville Garden has been turned into a tropical paradise. The owners have been to Bali many times and decided this was the type of garden they desired. It was lovely looking into the tree ferns from the front of the home. The orchid in the photo above was at the front of a potting area out the back of the home.

The front part of the garden was just like a tropical jungle. Water featured in lots of ways including this birdbath.

Tree ferns and stag horns were everywhere. It was very cool in here.

Can you see the bird in the photo. It is not one that I am familiar with. We both enjoyed this garden and got lots of ideas.




I am also happy this week to be using up some scraps. These are the leftovers from the zig -zag basket. They were just to pretty to throw away. I will be working on this over the next couple of days. I have changed my mind about what to turn it into. Stay tuned.
Happy Monday
Bev C


























12 comments:

Cheryll said...

Thanks for sharing your pic's...they were lovely!
And your left over fabric pattern looks GrEaT. Good use of colours!
:)

Michelle said...

I love visiting gardens too, thanks for the photo's, and I'm intrigued about what you are going to do with your scraps...

Pauline said...

That's exactly the sort of garden I'd like. But as I can't control the winds around here, I've gone for the Barely Contained Wilderness. Love the birdbath photo with its lovely reflections.

Now I wonder what you are going to create with those scraps!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Glad you enjoyed the weekend in a nice garden. Those leftover fabrics turned out gorgeous. Another table runner? Have a lovely week - Hugs Nat

My Dolce Vita said...

What a lovely garden Bev...I always feel sad when there is bad service at a cafe, doesn't do them any good!!! I like your little scraps...you will turn them into something nice I'm sure...Dzintra♥x

Teresa said...

Lovely photos of the garden Bev and that orchid is gorgeous. Good luck and have fun with those scraps. Happy Monday to you xx

Terriaw said...

what a great way to discovery a new garden. Such a beautiful garden too! And your scrap project is so gorgeous with those splashes of bright colors on the dark background. Can't wait to see what it is.

Mitzi Curi said...

Hi Bev! I got a chuckle over "grunting" being part of service nowadays. Apparently, bad service has spread all over the globe! I love your scrap quilt. It reminds me of an antique "crazy quilt". Very colorful and fun.

Sue said...

I love your little zag and zig bits. You made me smile about "The Cafe Grunt" I wonder if I've been there. Sounds familiar.

Lounging with a Latte said...

I love looking at open gardens...that one looks very cool and lush. Will be interested to see what your making with your leftovers!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Bev,
It is hard these days to get good service. I see the same thing even when you go to the market and the departments stores. Wow, what a beautiful place and hope you get to go back again soon. Love to find new garden shops. What a creative quilt and it looks great with the splashes of color. Have fun sewing.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Simone de Klerk said...

What a beautiful happy Monday for you! Love how you used your scraps.