Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Australian Flag in Cross Stitch."

Hello,

I love tennis and each year I look forward to the Australian Open Tennis on television. I had to do a little patriotic stitching whilst yelling at the TV. No wonder the umpires are saying "Quiet Please." Who can watch a match without giving a bit of verbal advice to the players. I finished the cross stitch the day after the men's final. Too excited to stitch much while watching that match. I chose a pattern that is available from the freebie section at Artecy Cross Stitch. They put up different freebies on a fortnightly  basis.


I decided to turn this into a little hanger. I had planned to stuff it and turn it into a cushion but it just didn't look right. I am extremely happy with how this turned out and loved that it only required three different threads. Stitched on 14 Count light blue Aida cloth.

Happy days.
Bev C

12 comments:

Astrid said...

It looks great! I think it looks better as a wall hanging rather than a pillow. I used to do lots of cross-stitching in earlier years... miss it when I see what you have been up to. :)

Christine M said...

A lovely little hanger Bev.

Nat Palaskas said...

Good on you Bav to finished that flag while watching the 'Open'. I stitched shibori scarf during 'Open' too and I would called it AO/13 - have a great day - Hugs Nat

Anonymous said...

looks great Bev.xx

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a sweet cross stitch. Hubby and I enjoy watching tennis too. This weekend we will be watching some American football. It is the big game here in the US. I have no favorite team but this year it has been an interesting year for the rookie quarterbacks and one may take his team to victory. Superbowl is like a holiday here for some households, with lots of eating. Hubby and I will spend it quite. Have a lovely weekend.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great job!!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Bev...just catching up here! Good on you for finishing that table runner...any UFO done is great! It's a great feeling too to finish something for nothing....Ha ha at least you were busy while you were yelling at the tv!

Fiona said...

perfect stitching for the tennis and ready for Aus day...
Hugz

Terriaw said...

what a fun little project! I love how patriotic you are with your flag.

melanie said...

That is incredible! I just love it :)

Nicky said...

Wasn't the tennis great, though I kind of hoped it was going to be Murray's turn this year.....
Love the flag piece(not easy for a Kiwi to say - lol) that is a neat way to finish it too...

Nicky x

best seo company said...

Perfect stitching.I like your post and I am happy to share this post to my friends...

Entertainment News in Australia