Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

"I'd rather have flowers on my table than diamonds on my neck."

Hello.

I love this quote.

I'd rather have flowers on my table than diamonds on my neck.  By Emma Goldman.


With this quote in mind I completed this table runner than just needed the quilting,binding and backing put on. Oh plus the machine embroidery. So I guess quite a lot really.


I machine embroidered two designs which were from a Brother Embroidery Card.


I could have done these as part of the quilting but wasn't too sure how it would work out, better to be safe and embroider them without the wadding and backing. I then stitched in the ditch around each block. I didn't worry about doing a border for this runner. I used some more of the dyed calico (brown onion skins) for the binding and backing. Another UFO completed.

Happy days.
Bev C

15 comments:

Fiona said...

wow bev that is so effective with the embroidery over the patches..... lovely...
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Beautiful Bev. Love the embroidery over the patchwork. Hugs,xx.

marina said...

so beautiful! Well done on your finish.

Karen said...

Your runner is pretty. Love the way you have used the embroidery over the floral fabric.

Nat Palaskas said...

It's beautiful and a happy piece. Love the quote, I'm with you about diamond hehe! Have a great day - hugs Nat

retdairyqueen said...

And a very lovely UFO at that
Love it

Wendy said...

Lovely table runner Bev, the embroidered flowers are really pretty.

Margaret Stickland said...

Yes I think the runner is great also, very inventive.

Simone de Klerk said...

Very pretty! I love hiw you embroidered over the printed flower fabric. Must be so pretty on the table.

Anthea said...

Bev, the runner is really lovely. well done on using the embroidery too, you will love using this runner!

Jo said...

Hi Bev,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love your most recent table runner, the colours are beautiful. I also thought your Australian Christmas table runner was very creative, I love the summery colours - much better suited to a hot Aussie Christmas I think!
Hannah :o)

Anonymous said...

another beautiful project Bev,well done.xx

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Afternoon Bev, I agree, "I would rather have flowers than diamonds" anyday! Give me a garden full of beautiful flowers and you will see me smile.
I love your embroidered table runner, but I have never machine embroidered myself, I tend to hand embroider.
I have enjoyed reading your post and I am going to catch up on your others.
I found you via Karen from Sew Many Ways. It is lovely to meet you. I have enjoyed reading your blog that I have become a new follower. Sending you best wishes from England. Daphne

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hello Bev,
The quote is so true. What a beautiful job you did incorporating your machine embroidery. The images are perfect. Have a lovely day. : )
Blessing to you and your family

Terriaw said...

Lovely table runner! I love the embroidery detail, which gives this a nice dimension. I've always wanted to try a machine that embroiders so it's fun to see your projects.