Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

"Christmas Tablecloth, a new family heirloom."

Hello,

I have had a piece of tartan material in my stash for many years. It was from my ex neighbour who owned the local patchwork shop. I hadn't used this piece because it frayed easily.  I first over locked the edges that were fraying and then hemmed it up ready to machine embroider.


The table cloth is approximately 42 inches square with a Mary Engelbreit embroidery on each corner. I  chose designs though they are Christmas ones, it could be used at any time of the year as you tend to read the words then look at the pictures. Each of the designs each took just over an hour to stitch.  It took up 5 hours of my time with the sewing, cutting threads, getting the stabiliser ready etc this is why I have decided to call it a family heirloom even though it is less than 24 hours old!

I am linking up this post with Anthea's Christmas through the year link up.

Happy days.
Bev C

15 comments:

Julia said...

Whew, that was a lot of work.
It's beautiful Bev...well worth being a family heirloom, to be enjoyed for many years to come.

Lynda said...

That turned out so well Bev.

Anonymous said...

beautiful bev,well done.xx

Terri said...

what a fun project! I love the way you combined the tartan with the whimsical Mary Engelbreit.

Melody said...

A great finish, well done

Nat Palaskas said...

That tartan fabric reminds me of my children school uniforms. They went to McGregor primary school in Brisbane. I still keep a piece of it! Love to see it on the table - Hugs
Nat

Julie said...

Just beautiful Bev - love what you have chosen to make with the tartan. Gosh what alot of hours we can spend on craft projects & things we love to do :-)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done Bev. Sure to become a loved and treasured family item.

Cheryll said...

Oh it's a keeper for sure! :)

Fiona said...

great family heirloom ... it is quite conservative compared to the ones I inherited from you???

Hugz

Maria said...

SEw beautiful Bev..

Anthea said...

Of course it's an heirloom Bev - the love & time that's gone into it! Thanks for linking to CTTY this month x

Helen said...

It is beautiful and will be a favourite heirloom I'm sure !!

Karen said...

This is a lovely idea. It is a shame about the fraying but it looks like you have it under control.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A perfect heirloom Bev....