Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Friday, October 21, 2016

"Is it Happy Christmas or Merry Christmas? either way it is a cross stitch finish."

Hello,

Do you say Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas. I always think that it should be Merry Christmas and Happy belongs with Easter. You see I found an adorable cross stitch design that is available at the Shepherds Bush  website. It had Happy Christmas on the design so I changed it to Merry Christmas.


I made it into a little hanger for the Christmas tree or for decoration around the home. I added a few buttons from my stash and used the thread which belonged to my Nana to stitch on the ric-rac. The green floral fabric which has little birds as well was used for the backing. I used the recommended DMC threads except for three which I didn't have so used some Puppets threads.


 The other garden we went to last week was in Bickley on 3 and a quarter acres. So there was lots to look at. The garden owner is a qualified horticulturist and sells plants at markets etc. She has a range that is not available in garden centres. It was wonderful to see everything in bloom.Once again it was a cold windy day, which seems to be typical of our Spring weather this year but you have to endure a few hardships in life!


 This was one section in the rear of the yard. So many different plants I haven't seen before.


 My two companions for the day. I bet they were hoping I didn't buy one of those purple shrubs.


 This is the same bed as the previous photo from the other side.


 Being in Bickley of course there had to be fruit trees.


 Out the front garden. Lots of plants re-seeding onto the gravel.


This is the garden bed opposite the previous photo.

There is another open garden to visit this weekend. The weather promises to be a lovely Spring day which will make for a great day out.

Now tell me are you a Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas person, I would love to hear.
Enjoy your weekend.

Happy days.
Bev C

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev i tend to say Merry Christmas,lol,not sure why.
I love your cross stitch its lovely.
Wow what a lovely garden ,i liked the fruit trees,hope your day is a good one my friend .

Unknown said...

I'd go with 'Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!'xx

Pamela said...

I say Merry Christmas. Beautiful garden photos! Thank you for the link for the free chart!

Maria said...

Sweet little cross stitch Bev.
Yep! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

Enjoyed visiting the open gardens with you. Thanks for Sharing.

Lesley UK said...

I agree! We've always said 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year' It just seems 'right'. Blessings

Lin said...

Merry of course! F Christmas is definitely a Merry person. Another beautiful garden - thanks Bev. xx

Terri said...

Cute Merry Christmas project! I love that you changed it - I would have too ;) Love seeing more of these beautiful gardens! It's fall here and most of our plants are getting ready to go dormant for the upcoming winter, yet we have purple bearded irises blooming. A nice surprise amongst the raking.

Pauline said...

Hi Bev, I'm with you, it's definitely Merry Christmas but a happy new year. But spare me Happy Holiday which one of my daughters (married to a Canadian) came out with last year. I'm sure she won't make the same mistake again! :)

Jeanette said...

Merry Christmas for me. Love the cross stitch & it looks better with "merry" rather then "happy". If someone says Happy Christmas to me i'd probably punch them lol. Love the garden photo's. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

I was brought up with Happy Christmas but I notice I do say Merry Christmas often now..... your cross stitch is lovely and so are those gardens...
Hugz

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I agree with Merry Christmas and Happy Easter! The cross stitch is so pretty xx

Karen S said...

I have a happy and a merry Christmas. Why Not!! It's all fun.

Helen said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Easter here :) very pretty cross stitch !

Anthea said...

Oh just beautiful gardens Bev... so inspiring!
As for the greeting word, I'm a MERRY person, although Happy is tolerable... definitely not Happy Holidays that's for sure!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely gardens Bev! I say both Merry Christmas and sometimes Happy Christmas!