Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Anita's Tea Cosy,Quilts and Stitching.

Hello,

Well Spring has certainly kept us busy here at Kainga. Lots to do out in the garden including plenty of weeding. I prefer to weed rather than spray then the chooks get lots of green plus a few snails thrown in. They then give us lovely fresh eggs. You certainly notice the difference when it comes to cooking and even making curried egg for sandwiches. Yummy yellow yolks. Last month's challenge was to make a tea cosy or pot holder. Anita has done a fantastic job knitting her tea cosy. I just knew she would knit this challenge. Doesn't it look just perfect there amongst her rose crockery.
Anita has also been busy sewing some library bags for children at her school who are less fortunate. great work Anita. Unfortunately my tea cosy is still in pieces. I crocheted mine and have made a mistake. The pattern said to put two double crochets together,well I did sort off. Instead of joining them together I did two in the same hole. I thought it wasn't right but I didn't have that light bulb moment until I nearly finished it. So will be doing some pulling out and restarting the front and back sections. For the next challenge we will be making an apron.
I put the pink borders on the "Spring Giggles" quilt and purchased some very bright pink backing fabric for it on Friday. Now I will have to decide how to quilt it.

Yesterday I stitched another block in the block of the month I have been doing this year. I still have the scarecrow one to do. This is ready to stitch. I found a scarecrow button in my cupboard so this will go onto it instead of stitching a scarecrow. Last Friday Lucy had an appointment at PMH so we dropped of the quilt Sue had done and the wall hanging I had made for the shop. The ladies were very pleased and said they were willing to take more items. They were most appreciative but it was out pleasure to make something for a worthy cause. Ian had a great Father's Day yesterday and was showered with gifts. Bonnie came to cook us Satay Chicken and Rice for lunch which was very yummy and eaten by everybody. Thanks Bonnie. Our prayers and thoughts go out to my sister in law Jane and Sophie and Joshua on the recent tragic passing of there loved Brother and Uncle. Hugs and best wishes to you all from us here at Kainga.
Happy days.
Bev C


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such lovely hand-crafted treasures you share today. I hope the week ahead is a great one for you!

RG said...

Oh Bev, such a lot of good stuff happening at Kainga for Spring!
Keep up all the wonderful inspirational 'stuff' and love the Spring giggles quilt, so very pretty!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a wonderful tea cosy Bev...and a gorgeous colour, looks like periwinkle, one of my favourites!!! I agree with you about the colour of the eggs....when we had our small acres they were just such a lovely bright yellow...And how lucky to find that scarecrow button...have a great day...Dzintra♥x

Pauline said...

Chris told me about Jane's brother last night, Bev. So sorry to hear that news. Please pass my sympathy on to her. Also heard about the "sugar day out" you and Lucy had!! Love your "Spring Giggles"!