Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Goodbye Winter Hello Spring.

Hello,

On Friday I had sewing. Though there were only a few of us due to some of the ladies having medical appointments etc I managed to get the cutting done on my "Spring Giggles" quilt. This morning I have sewn the blocks together then joined them in rows. It is laying on the family room floor as I want to decide what colour should be used for a border strip. After the border strip there is a wider border strip. For this I have used the central block material-pink with polka dots.Once again it is a very bright quilt,must be something to do with quilting in winter. As with all my recent projects I have used material which is in my stash. If you look at the first block on the last row you will see a very multi coloured material. I made Bonnie a top out of this when she was very young. As it was a lovely cotton it was put into the stash basket and all these years later it has been put to use.
Earlier on I had purchased a bulk pack of bulbs at the Garden Show. It is the first time I have tried daffodils. I am really pleased with the result. They certainly put on a good show.

This lavender has been growing in our brick pavement around one end of
our house. It gets a prune back after flowering but I am sure I have never watered it. Its roots must suck up enough moisture. I planted the stocks earlier on in the year. The little "Chalet"daisies come up by themselves each year. Of course the nasturtium's provide a great deal of colour,with these far too many come up so I can easily pull them out and give the chooks a good feed.
With this being the last official day of winter I will be happy to look forward to spring.
Happy sewing and gardening.
Bev C


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Spring Giggles quilt is adorable. That is a great photo of your daffodil. That is always a sign of Spring here when they begin to pop! I love the bright, perky colors of nasturtium too. Hope you have a very nice week.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great bright quilt Bev!!! Terrific garden...spring has certainly sprung up over here these last few days...Enjoy the weather warming up...Dzintra♥x

Pauline said...

Hi Bev,
Love that most recent quilt of yours, so bright and cheerful. But there is nothing like seeing one of your quilts in "real life". I was at Chris' yesterday when her birthday parcel arrived. Her "sweethearts" are adorable. Mind you so are mine! And we dropped off Lucre's when we went for a walk. We were three happy smiling ladies!! You sure sent a "bundle of joy"!! Many, many thanks!

retdairyqueen said...

Thanks for dropping by
Love your new quilt
The daffodils are just lovely here at the moment as well

Unknown said...

Your quilt is lovely Bev . Gorgeous daffodils , my very favourite flower .

Simone de Klerk said...

Love your Spring Giggle quilt. Great name too! And your garden looks lovely. We are going towards autumn now. Days are getting shorter, colder and wet. But next week should be better again (O: