Well I have just finished "The Raggy Quilt". This was a UFO that I had started probably about two years ago. I had bought the main colour print for a few dollars a metre and decided to make a raggy quilt. I did 16 six inch squares. There it remained until I started the Raggy Quilt Challenge.I only had a small amount of the yellow which I was using for the backing. As there was no chance of obtaining this material I purchased a very bright blue homespun for the backing. I ended up using the yellow ones and putting them around the border to compliment the others
So this photo above shows the back view of the quilt. I sure did have a sore thumb after snipping the hems for an hour this morning. After having a wash then a short time in the dryer it has all come up beautifully.
The print is very bright and cheery. Lots of hats and shoes in different styles. Lucy tried to claim this quilt but I already have plans for giving it to someone for there Birthday in October. I have some squares left over so will be making a cushion to go with it. I am certainly glad that I have finished this. If I make another one I think I will make the squares a lot bigger. I did see in the local picture framers/quilting machine/art supplies shop that you can get the wadding as well as the squares already cut up to your desired size. This includes the raggy edges as well. You don't have to do any cutting only the sewing. Lucy and I agreed that it is much nicer to do it yourself.
Now I will have to get to work to finish the Tea Cosy for this months stitching challenge.