Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hexagons, new material and a mystery recipe.

Hello,
We have another smoky day around here. Bush fires are burning down south and we are copping the smoke. I will be glad when it clears up. Nothing like having a lovely day weather wise and having to have the doors and windows shut because of the smell. Yesterday I cut out some hexagons to make a bag for my sister Chris. I love doing this kind of work and can see why people get addicted to doing them.
This is the panel of material that Chris sent me. I have cut out the hexagons from the side of the panel so far because I want to make something else with the middle section. You can download some instructions for making the hexagon bag at Kiwiquilts.


Look what I bought the other weekend at The Apple Basket in Donnybrook. It was half price and as I couldn't see what the original price was I just got 1 metre. It was only $10.00 I wish I had bought the rest of what was on the roll now. We stopped here for lunch and they certainly do a lovely meal. Plus there is a great range in the patchwork shop as well.


Now I hope someone out there in blog land can help me decipher this recipe. My son David found it left on the counter at work here earlier on in the year. It is a recipe for a pie. I know it has 5 eggs and 1 cup self raising flour and that you cook it for 180 degrees. Beyond that I have know idea. Even what language it is would be great. I presume it is Japanese.Click on the photo if you wish to see it more clearly.
Happy days.
Bev C

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bev , love that fabric ! Sorry I can't help with the recipe , good luck with it .

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Gorgeous fabric Bev...sorry can't help with the recipe♥x

Lauren Colless said...

Hi Bev, beautiful fabric :) I used to study Japanese - I can read a little of the recipe, but I have a friend who might be able to help, I'll email him now for you (he's in the UK so might have to wait for a response due to time difference).

Mylene said...

Lovely fabric! Looking forward to see the bag when finish.

Jill said...

Hi Bev, thank you for your comment on my quilt. I see you are a crafter of some note. Nice to meet you online, perhaps our paths will cross again! Merry Christmas Jill xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Bev, sorry cannot help out with the recipe...love your hexagons...I made a hexagon bag for a swap last year......hugs lyn

Julia said...

Hi Bev,
Gorgeous fabric for the bag..Sorry i can't help with the recipe either!
Wasn't that smoke terrible...My family are going camping down south for Christmas, hope it clears up.
Julia ♥