Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"Christmas Bunting, Decorations and New Cross Stitch Books and Chart."

Hello,

The Christmas crochet bunting is done.


4 red and 4 white designs were made up and a couple of rows of double crochet across the top to join them all together.

I think Santa will see this when he visits next week.


It only took just over an hour to complete these three cross stitch designs for the hanging decorations last week. These have been in my stash for more years than I can remember.


Back in October I ordered some books and charts on-line from a shop. Not Happy Jan is all I can say. They finally came last week  I especially liked the stories and history in the Schoolroom book.


I have made a start on the chart. I will be changing a few colours in the design. The chosen colour for the stitching of the alphabet doesn't show up on the fabric that I chose at all. I will finish stitching the birds nest and flowers and decide on the colour then.

Happy days.
Bev C

17 comments:

Sue said...

Love the bunting and ornaments. The ornaments are like wine....they needed to mature in your stash. ;)

It won't help with the charts, but may with the books in future. bookdepository.com are really reliable. I always got the books within ten days when I was in Perth.

The bird looks great. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the pattern, too!

Dolores said...

I'm sure Santa will enjoy your bunting next week. I love your spring cross stitch and I think it's always nice to get things completed that have been around for a while. I myself have several kits that need to be done so that they aren't hanging around anymore.

Jeanette said...

Love the bunting & ornies. I was just about to ask where you got your cross stitch patterns when I read your comment. Hugs, xx

Cheryll said...

OooH... Nice work Bev... & some pretty projects in your future too

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great bunting Bev and lovely ornaments. It looks off to see bunting outside when for us it's winter :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful bunting!!! I love your ornies too! Enjoy your new charts and books x

Karen S said...

Lovely work on the bunting and cross stitches.
That sure is a long wait for your order.
glad you can now play.

melanie said...

Love your Christmas bunting! And the decorations are gorgeous too :-) thanks for the link you left over at my blog, merry Christmas x

Maria said...

Love the bunting and your new ornies...

Just read your previous post and now I know why I get undies..LOL

Fiona said...

that bunting is so pretty... great little ornies... sometimes those short term projects take us the longest time to make.... well.. now at least you have next years sewing sorted...
Hugz

Julie said...

Gorgeous bunting there Bev,(sure Santa will adore it!!!), & love those ornaments you have made. Your new books look most interesting too :-)

Lin said...

Your bunting looks very pretty. I love the cross stitch design you are working - enjoy! xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh yes BevI'm sure Santa will see the bunting! Cute cross stitch and that took a while for that order didn't it!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Bev, I hope Santa brings you lots of goodies and not to Hot on the day :)) hugs pat :))

retdairyqueen said...

Love the bunting

Wendy said...

Hi Bev. you have made a beautiful job of the bunting, it looks perfect for Christmas. Love the look of your new cross stitch.

Valspierssews said...

Hi Bev, Hope you had a great Christmas. I love the birdy cross stitch. You are getting on with it really well. I like the colour you chose for the letters. The little cross stitch ornaments are so cute. Doesn't it feel good when you get something you bought a while back all finished. I have a couple of quilt patterns that I just have to work on in the new year. I can't believe how badly I neglect the patterns that I just love so much. I will have to make a list and tick things off the way so many quilters do.
Happy New Year,
Val
valspierssews@gmail.com