Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

"The Scooter Basket and off to Italy."

Hello,

You would be excused for thinking that I haven't been sewing this month but there has been a bit of stitching going on.
I finished the scooter basket which was a project I found in Homespun Magazine.


 I changed a few things around. The original pattern had a rather cute Vespa applique on the basket front. This is Jacob's scooter but seeing they are so close in age they will be sharing most toys and I thought it would be a good idea to replace the applique with a J that I had digitized and sewed it with my embroidery machine. I also put the top handles a little closer to the middle of the basket. I also added a press stud to hold the basket closed. This way Jacob can scoot around with his favourite toy the little yellow digger and not worry about it falling out.


 I used some pirated themed fabric, which showcases the wheel of the pirate shop as both boys are into pirates in a big way. Pirate Boy and Alexander Rabbit had to come along for the photo shoot.


These two little cross stitch wall hangings are in the mail and on the way to my two great nieces who live in Italy.

I have finished another cross stitch which has been turned into something but can't be revealed until next month.

Have you managed to get some stitching done this month?

Happy days.
Bev C


10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Fabulous projects. Love the scooter basket, so cute. Hugs,xx

Maria said...

Fabulous fabric basket for Jacobs scooter and sweet stitcheries going to your nieces in Italy..

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev what a great idea for Jacob,now he can take his favourite toy around with him,lovely stitcheries .

Karen S said...

The scooter basket is lovely. That will get very good use.
An i thought you were off to Italy for a holiday! The pieces you are sending are delightful. What fun.

Lin said...

The scooter basket has turned out really well. xx

Pauline said...

The little people in your life are very lucky, Bev. Just love the little scooter basket!

Christine M said...

Great projects Bev. The pirate is very cute. I love the cross stitching. xxx

Pamela said...

Great finishes! I agree the little people in your life are very fortunate.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Love the little scooter basket Bev! Very cute! Cool cross stitches too.....a Happy Weekend to you!

Kim said...

Love this idea. Cute basket, Bev. More pretty cross stitches, too. You have been busy.