Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Love Is" is finished and a wonderful parcel arrives.

Hello,

Today I finished my first project for the year. "Love Is" was made completely from scraps. The final measurements are 45 inches by 65 inches. It will be a great quilt to snuggle under come wintertime. This quilt remained on my sewing table all last year. There is something about the start of a new year to get you motivated. I stitched in the ditch on the squares and around the edge of the cats and girls. I used a blue floral print for the backing which I had in my sewing room stash.
Yesterday I received my parcel from Heidi. It was my prize for being the winner of December's Friday Night Sew-In. I was overwhelmed with what I got,lots of lovely material and a Purple Thang and the most beautiful card which shows three friends stitching. The Purple Thang is a smart little tool that helps you turn out corners and holds things while you sew,it has many uses. I can assure you this will be used quite a bit in my sewing room. There are 89 people signed up so far for this month maybe you will be number 90.If you join in you will be sewing knitting or whatever you choose with people all over the world,how cool is that.
Tomorrow I will have to see what I will be doing on Friday night. I have a few UFOs that need doing but I am thinking of making a table runner.
Happy sewing.
Bev C

10 comments:

Maria said...

What a lovely quilt made out of your scraps. Well done.
What a great gift you recieved form Heidi. I will also be participating in the Sew In so we will be sewing together. It will be my third.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Good for you on your first project in the New Year. That was fast too. The fabric you received looks lovely. Have a nice day Bev. I woke up to some rain this morning. Much needed here.
Blessings

retdairyqueen said...

Love the quilt
Amazing what you can do with a few scraps

Melissa ;-) said...

I think that quilt is a double winner! A finish AND a scrap buster! Make that a triple winner because it is really cute, too!

Pauline said...

Bev, I think I must need a Purple Thang - that must be what's stopping me from being as productive as you! Yeah, right!
Love your quilt!

Vickie said...

love is beautiful Bev,well done-you have reminded me that I have some golly applique that I worked on a couple of years ago sitting in a draw I may just have to pull them out and do something with them..oh that puple thang is awesome I use mine all the time,cheers Vickie

Anonymous said...

Hia Bev thanks for visiting my blog

What a lovely present your received. Yes it's a lovely feeling when you finish something especially if it's been hanging over you a while. Congrats.

Jossie said...

Bev, the quilt is so cute. Love it. Nice gift you received, lucky you!

Mylene said...

The "Love Is" quilt turned out great. Well done!

Have a good weekend.

Khris said...

I always loved the Chooky Shed patterns and have a few of them. Love the Picaanninies...hugs Khris