Happy Monday to you all. For this week "Makes Me Happy Monday" I have chosen a quilt I made called "Scrap Happy" I made this quilt from all those little bits I had left over from projects and used black homespun for the centre blocks and triangles and border. It certainly makes me happy when I know that this quilt is basically made up of leftovers. Lots of happy memories coming through when I look at some of the material I used. I have some from a skirt when I was very very young,there is a piece of Christmas material that one of my children used a gold pen and wrote Merry Christmas on it when they were younger.Pieces of scraps from Ainsley and Bonnie's 21st Birthday quilts. I didn't keep to a uniform size for the scraps,after all it is a scrap quilt.
I finished the quilt in August 2007. It has a home on the bed in the spare bedroom. When I got it quilted I chose multi coloured thread to quilt it. The quilting pattern shows up a bit more if you use multi coloured thread. So this quilt really makes "Me Happy" when I see it. I made the quilt from this pattern .
Now onto an award that I was given last week. Paula kindly gave this to me and I have to pass it onto 7 people. As with all awards there are several things which must be done. So here goes.
2. I have to Paste the award on my blog. Done. That was easy!!!
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself. It is below,please read them.
5. Nominate 7 blogs. Again,keep on reading below.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs,Will do that,make sure you visit them.
Now for the 7 facts about myself.
1. I would rather buy patchwork material and garden items than shop for clothes and shoes.
2. I grew up on a sheep/wheat farm at Jennacubbine.
3. I love to walk everyday but was bitten by a dog late last year. I am waiting for those neighbours to shift before I start walking again. In the mean time I am swimming every day.
4. I won medals for athletics when I was much younger.
5. I don't eat red meat.
6. Licorice is my favourite lolly. Daryl Lee would have to have the best flavours of licorice.
7. I am number 7 of 8 children.
I hope you have learnt something about me. Now I wish to nominate the following 7 people for "Beautiful Blogger Award"
I enjoyed reading the comments you all left on last Monday's posting about the fridge light. It seems I have a husband that sounds very familiar to you all. Thanks for visiting and I hope you all have a very "Happy Monday."