Last night while blog surfing I came across the tea towel challenge that Jenny is having during January. I always have some tea towels on hand in my sewing cupboard ready to machine embroider or decorate with applique.
The challenge was to make something that is useful out of a tea towel. I managed to get two things out of the one towel. I made up a teddy bear that I will use near my sewing machine to put pins in. With the leftovers I sewed up the two sides that weren't sewn and I now have another dishcloth. If I made the teddy bear again I think I would iron some sort of stabiliser on to the towel as it tended to fray a bit. Thanks for the challenge Jenny,nothing like a challenge to get the brain ticking over. If I had bought the material it would have cost a lot more than the purchase price of the tea towel. Now I will be looking at tea towels in a different light.