Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

There are bugs on the tablecloth.

Hello,



On Friday I worked on my tablecloth. I had already done the sunflower stem and leaves by hand in button hole stitch. As I had to sew through several layers to attach the brown material I decided to use the machine to do this. Then I did the petals on the machine as well. I decided to add some machine embroidery designs to add a bit of character to the sunflower. I used designs from a disc called "Sarah's Dream". This was a fundraiser for Sarah a few years back. Sarah was a young girl who lost her leg to cancer and was aiming for the Paralympics.
I added some bees to the top of this sunflower.


On the panel on the other side I added a dragonfly to the sunflower.



Over the next few days I will be working on the longer panels. I have cut out some ladybugs to put there on some ric-rac.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.


Bev C




18 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

That is sooo cute!! My embroidery machine is broken and your project really makes me want to have it back!

Maria said...

What a great table cloth Bev.

Have a happy Monday.

Nat Palaskas said...

Something about the sunflower always makes me happy. This table cloth is going to be gorgeous. Happy stitching - Hugs Nat

Vickie said...

oh wow Bev them bugs are so cute..0oops you just made me say bugs were cute eeeek...well done girl,cheers Vickie

Sue said...

I love all your bugs, Who'd have thought bugs would be so great on the dinner table.

Simone de Klerk said...

Your table cloth is beautiful, Bev, but those bugs scare me LOL.

Tiffany said...

Your hand stitching is beautiful and embroidery is always a plus! Love the bugs....nice touch!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Looks great Bev...you are doing really well, so many projects!!! Dzintra♥x

Terriaw said...

wow, this project is so much bigger than I realized. Looks like you are putting a lot of work into it. I love all the different bugs and surprises you are adding - very cool!

Jossie said...

Lovely sunflower Bev. Good idea to add some bugs and spiders. They belong to this time of year, at least here in the northern hemisphere.

Unknown said...

Love all the little extra's on your Flower...sounds like your having Fun with this...Looking Good.
cheers

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Wow!! That looks great Bev...Luv the effect that the insects give!!
Jane.

retdairyqueen said...

That is so cute

Bobbie Lynn said...

Bev,
You come up with the neatest quilts. Love all the little critters you added.
Happy Quilting to you.

Christine M said...

I love all your bugs!

Tarnyia said...

Love the sunflowers and your embroidery bugs really add a great touch to the flower blocks xxx

Mylene said...

Hi Bev, your tablecloth is looking gorgeous!

I hope you are having a happy week.

Mitzi Curi said...

Lovely project, Bev! I think ladybugs are so cheerful!