Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Jelly Roll Scraps Projects and some new charts."

Hello,

I was on a mission to use up the pieces left over from making the Umbrella Table Topper. There were two of the triangular sections and a few scraps. This is what I used them on
.

 Matching hand and tea towels.


 It was great to a few projects made with the scraps. These will be the first finishes for September. I don't know how many more I will have this month. My Brother is sick. I have booked the machine in for a service but it seems that there are a lot of sick machines. It will be a couple of weeks before it can be fixed. I did find my last service docket for this machine and it was July 2009. So I suppose it has done so well to last this long without any problems.


Good fortune was on my side a few weeks back. I won a $20.00 gift voucher from Jenni to spend at the Stitching Post. I purchased a bit more than the voucher was worth.. You had to guess what Jenni was cross stitching and it was a Pink Flamingo.

Happy days.
Bev C

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your win Bev and you did well with your scraps,lovely projects you made.xx

Maria said...

Nice win Bev...
You made two useful things with your scraps..
hat is a long time since you had your machine serviced...
Hope your brother gets well soon.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great idea to use up the pieces, hope your brother gets well soon. You'll be able to do more stitching whilst your machine is away, great win and lovely choice of charts

Fiona said...

Great use of the jelly roll scraps... it's so nice to use it all up! Looks like some nice patterns ... you can prepare them whilst you machine gets sorted!
Hugz

Lin said...

Ha ha - think I may have solved the comments problem! Great use of your jelly roll scraps and what a super win - enjoy!

marina said...

lovely use of your scraps!
excellent choice in your cross stitch patterns, they are all beautiful.
Hope your brother is up and running asap/

Karen said...

Great use for those pesky left over scraps. They look great.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A lovely choice for your winning $ Bev! Great use up of your scraps!

Christine M said...

How clever of you Bev. They look great.

Nat Palaskas said...

You are a great scraps savers Bev. Good win too. I know what you meant about spending more than you won!
Hugs Nat

Melody said...

Great use of your scraps, they look lovely. Great win too, even if you did buy a little more - just the sort of thing I would do.

Melody said...

Great use of your scraps, they look lovely. Great win too, even if you did buy a little more - just the sort of thing I would do.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Bev,
I also saw your last post and those Santa embroideries are too funny.
Just love your tea towel set. A great project for using up some good scraps. Sorry to hear about your machine. You have put it to good use in the past months. Hope it is feeling better soon.
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Terri said...

Love your scrappy projects, especially the one with the hearts and butterflies. So fun and cheerful. Great way to use up those scraps.

Anthea said...

Great use of the roll scraps there Bev, very clever.
And LHN do some gorgeous designs, they are very nice purchases, you will keep your fingers & needles busy with them! x

Vicki said...

Hi, Bev,
You are a talented lady! I always admire someone who can sew. Your tea towels are lovely with hearts and sunflowers and pretty fabrics. Wishing you a happy September weekend~ Blessings to you~ Vicki p.s. Thank you for stopping by my "Bunny Cottage" for a visit.

Julie said...

Hi Bev ...gosh I love what you have made with the leftover scraps - they look gorgeous & so bright & cheerful. Also loving your selection of patterns - some great choices there. x0x