Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"Slipping this one in."

Hello,

January has well and truly been all about getting those little projects done. I had a pillowslip cut out for quite a while but decided the white fabric was a little thin. So I decided to cut out another piece and quilt it together for the top.


Of course I had to machine embroider some Pink roses on it.


Which matches the fabric on the side panel.The pink ribbon actually had some writing on it but when you turn it over you can't see it. The good thing about this type of sewing it feels like you are making something for nothing which is a good feeling.

Have you made something for nothing lately?

Happy days.
Bev C


10 comments:

Jess said...

Lovely roses :)

Anonymous said...

looks great Bev,well done.xx

Karen said...

Great way to use that pretty embroidery!

Astrid said...

The roses are lovely and it gives a little touch to the pillow slip.

Nat Palaskas said...

Your sewing machine does some great thing. Lovely Bev...

Cheryll said...

Oh Bev... it's GoRGeouS!!!! :)

Fiona said...

very pretty... nothing like pretty pillowslips...
Hugz

Julie said...

Hello Bev - that is just delightful & I love the roses on it. It is such a good feeling making something for nothing - I too have been doing a bit of that lately & it makes me feel happy :-) Enjoy your crafting, Julie

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Evening Bev, You can never have too many pillow slips.....especially when they are as pretty as this one.
Like you I love making things from nothing, I get a great feeling of satisfaction.
The cushion I posted about today, was technically free. As I used a cotton sheet which I have had forever and which I used when we lived in warmer climates and the beads were a gift from my daughter, so although I bought the sheet it was a long time ago.
Have a lovely evening.
Best Wishes, Daphne

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

So lovely! I am either dreaming up a design or stitching on a project everyday.......for no reason except that I live and breathe hand embroidery! LOL. How is your son? I hope much better.