Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Block 4 and now it is a cushion...

Hello,

I have just finished sewing up my latest project. I decided to make a cushion cover and not a wall hanging. I decided this would be more useful. I did a fair bit of chain stitch on this project,around the edges of the stitchery and again on the main writing on the cushion.To keep with the theme "Wonky Houses" I placed them on an angle. Block 4 which was a tree house. The marbled colours looked good on this panel.
Thanks to Jenny from www.elefantz.blogspot.com for this little project.
Happy stitching.
Bev C

7 comments:

RG said...

Bev this is wonderful and very clever! Congrats on your cushion finish.
hugs
Robyn xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Such a fantastic way to use the blocks, Bev!! Gorgeous!!

Vickie said...

wow Bev I love what you have done with your wonky houses blocks they look great..I am hoping to get mine assembled,this weekend.

SewAmy said...

oh how cute is that. I love how you put your houses in a pillow.

The Piece Maker said...

Hi Bev
It is so nice to hear from you again!
Yes....my house is 105 years old and everytime we renovate we find something interesting like old glass bottles and hand writing on the wood inside the plaster. One room we did I added a bottle of my own with a note inside that read "It's a boy....Sept 9th, 1998"
I wonder if anyone will ever find it!
Have a wonderful weekend too.
Cathy

Sweet P said...

I love how you used the blocks to make a cushion. The marbled background fabric is a cool way to do a stitchery project.

Simone de Klerk said...

I love your Wonky Houses cushion!