Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Angelina" arrives in Australia.

Hello,

Well yesterday was the long awaited day. Angelina flew in from New Zealand. Mind you she came by economy mail. I often wonder about the difference between Air Mail and Economy Mail. After all the lady at the Post Office told my sister Chris the mail goes on the same plane. So Angelina must have had a little holiday at a Post Office somewhere. I hope she enjoyed herself!! Thank you very much Chris,I can't wait to start her. Of course Angelina arrived in the middle of winter here in Australia so she has a lovely green paddock to look out upon.
The photo above is the view from our front yard. Yes, you New Zealand relatives our paddocks do turn green even if only for a short time. I enjoy the view especially when it is alive like this.

Of course having been gifted Angelina comes at a cost. She had some travelling partners. Her companions on this trip were these bright surf type materials. Chris works for a surfboard manufacturing company and these materials are used in surfboards,custom made to your requirements. I have to make a wall hanging to hang in Roger's home. This will be a bright and cheery hanging. I already have something in mind. If you want to check out Roger's boards please visit here,he even has a blog.
This morning I spent some time out the front pruning the rose's. Our Shire gives a free skip bin each financial year. We have it for a week. So pruning chopping and fine tuning the garden is on the cards for this week. The shed will get a bit of a tidy up as well.
Happy days and hugs to you.
Bev C

7 comments:

Rosy Inspiration said...

Wow! I'm sure you'll have fun doing "Angelina". Yes, I love looking at the hills and the paddock at this time of year, so dreamy!

Chookyblue...... said...

have fun sewing Angelina.......the garden looks great.......

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Have fun with Angelina Bev...the paddocks look lovely and Happy Gardening to you!!!

Pauline said...

You have a lovely view, Bev. Reminds me of a place we used to pass when we visiting our grandparents. Can't wait to see Roger's hanging! :)

Jossie said...

What a lovely view from your house. Funny that in Australia paddocks and meadows ae green in winterand dull in summer. Here it is just the opposite.
I love the pictures you made at Wavy Rock. Australia keeps amazing me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev, thank you for visiting....my friends were not home when I dropped off the little shirts...not game to ring and ask if they fit...LOL.....Angelina seems like a great project to do...love the pic of your green paddocks...such a change from our dust bowls....Warm Regards Lyn

Sachiko said...

You have such a nice blog. Have fun sewing!