Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pay if Forward Parcels, patterns, books and some stitching.

Hello,

Back in July of this year I got a lovely book from the library and made the table mat above. I call it my "Christmas in July." It was supposed to be in red and white colours with the trees appliqued on top. On looking through my scraps I only had a very small amount of red, so I decided to make it in blues and greens to match the room. I had some of the material for a very long time because I could remember making dolls clothes with some of the green.
I was at the newsagent the other week, browsing at the craft mags and I kept coming back to this magazine. It was very familiar. It was the book that I made the "Christmas in July" table mat from. So of course it had to come home with me. It is a David& Charles publication. This company prints some lovely books, so lets hope some more are printed in magazine format.

These three lovely patterns arrived this week from Ballarat Patchwork.A pattern for a baby bib, a cot quilt and a oven mitt and pot holder. A great prize to win in a giveaway. Thanks Pam and Emma. These are greatly appreciated.


Some of my Pay It Forward gifts have arrived at their new homes. Valerie's blog is as follows
http://www.ausrose.blogspot.com/ It was delivered on a Sunday which is a great surprise. Australia Post is doing a great job.



Claire's arrived also check out her blog at http://www.quiltygal.blogspot.com/

As this will be my last post until after Christmas I wish everyone Peace Happiness and Lots of Love for the Festive Season.
Merry Christmas.
Bev C

1 comment:

Simone de Klerk said...

You made some wonderful PIF presents. Valerie and Claire are very lucky!