Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

"Normality."

Hello,

Gosh a lot has happened over the past couple of weeks since I last posted. We are now in regional lockdown. So a bit of normality in our days is important. I love to walk. You meet all sorts of people when you are out walking and the conversations I have are important. So important now. This afternoon after lunch I decided to walk up to the tanks. This is where you usually don't meet a soul. 

 
 Except for some sheep.

 
 
Plus some Alpaca's in the other paddock.

 
 These are some of the water tanks that supply our town. I did stop and chat to a young man who was doing some surveying. Apparently there is going to be a new roof on the tanks. He has to do the measuring then it will be sent of for tender. So life goes on.

 


 Next to the water tanks is the mobile phone tower. Another essential service, that is even more important now. Over the last couple of weeks I have spent a lot more time on the phone talking to family. As they all live out of our area and in different states and overseas it will be sometime before we see them again.

 
 Now some people will think that it is dry, this is normal for us.

 
Just to prove that nature is still going on no matter what here is some Paddy Melon growing. Come Winter we will be kicking them along the ground like we did as children.

I will be back with the few sewing projects I completed in March in my next post.

I hope everyone has some normality in there day. Let me know what you are doing to keep busy.
Our lives and plans have all changed but remember that the Sun will still rise and set, plus you will still put the rubbish bin out! What can be more normal than that.

Happy days.
Bev C

10 comments:

Kim said...

Gosh the paddocks look so dry over there, Bev. Normal you say. Such a contrast to the green that surrounds my little home. Yes, the sun always rises, doesn't it. Hope you are enjoying your days with snippets of sewing here and there.

kiwikid said...

Y9ur area looks very dry,paddy melon football had me smiling, I saw then for the first time years ago when we went to Uluru, we had to stop on the side of the road an find out what they were!! Phone contact is super important to us now, best way to keep in touch. Keep safe.

Cheryll said...

Nice to catch up again Bev... long time between visits...
Stay safe... xox

Deb said...

Glad to read your post and see pics...helps me picture better where you are! We are staying home and making do with groceries we have and what's in the freezer. I am missing knowing that I won't get to be at my daughter's house in Georgia when she has her baby in May with all the Stay at Home orders. Sad. But it's definitely for the best right now since I just can't get sick with having to care for my mom.
Loved getting to catch up with you...keep walking!

Julie said...

Gosh it does look dry there Bev - & here's me thinking we were brown & crisp. No I think you win that one! Yes I agree about the normality. Our bin man has been & taken our recycling so I guess thats a positive during this time of lockdown & not much working.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is hard to get a sense of normality at the moment but we can but try. Paddy Melons made me smile too. Glad you got to enjoy a walk xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely to see your part of the world Bev, much dryer than the UK. Stay safe x x

Lin said...

Oh yes! The rubbish - or poubelle as we know it here - still has to go out. I took mine up to the communal bins this morning on the way to the supermarket. All the bin lids have been left open so all we have to do is chuck our bags in - no touching of contaminating bin lids. The supermarkets are well stocked here and no queues. With a large garden to look after it is good to have plenty of time to keep it up to date. Also nice to have time to appreciate it! xx

Fiona said...

It is all so different isn't it with not getting out and about.... good to still be able to go for walks...
Hugz

Karen S said...

Good to know that all is well with you and that you are getting out and about.